New Burner

vbimport

Alright heres what I have,
I have a Liteon52327S, a Liteon combo that sux lol, a Plex 8/20 TLA 401, and a plex prieum, my one liteon died on me(the combo) and i want to be able to copy almost all protections flawlessly… so what burner should i get now?
I was reading about TEAC and Aopen…?

The ASUS 5232AS is a good burner, it can even defeat Tages (very few drives can).

Ben :slight_smile:

Ok how about another I can get that drive for 30USD. I will buy that one. Thanks for the information. What else can this burner do?

oh and another thing i was looking up on this dirve… which one is better?

ASUS 52x32x52 IDE Internal CD-RW Drive, Model CRW-5232AS, OEM Black Bulk

ASUS Black 52X32X52 IDE Internal CD-RW Drive w/ QuieTrack Technology, Model CRW-5232AS QuieTrack, Retail

I mean the cables and software i dont care about because i got bookoo cables around and the sw just sux… whats the QuieTrack tehc… is that just a sliencer and if i bought that one would it affect its capeability to burn?

From what I can tell the top one is black and wont come with cables, software etc, and the bottom one will come with the software etc, and will be in white, QuieTrack wont affect the burn.

Any other burner you recomend?

Hi there, I am new to most of this burning stuff as I have just burnt my first protected game. Safe disc 3.20.022 (Aus) Farcry 5 cd set with an “ASUS CRW-5232AS QuieTrack”. The one you have been talking about. All 5 discs were protected & the Asus did the reading & writing well but it wouldn’t install the game after disc 1? I had to install the other 4 with my Pioneer “PIODATA DVD-RW DVR-108DX” ! I play the game with that one as well. I don’t know what the hell I did wrong or if thats just the way it is?
Anyway it made the copies well!

My specs:

CPU: P4 ~1500 Mhz

Motherboard: Asus TeK P4S800

BIOS: Award ASUS P4S800 ACPI BIOS Revision 1007, 23/02/2004

Memory: 1024 MB

Graphics: RADEON 9200 PRO AGP

CD/DVD-RW: “ASUS CRW-5232AS QuieTrack”
“PIODATA DVD-RW DVR-108DX”

Sound: VST Project Card 16 bit

Any feedback would be apreciated, cheers :slight_smile:

The ASUS can make a copy of SafeDisc 3.2, but wont be able to play it, this is normal.

@Ben
Will it make any diff to backing up if i use the external ver. of it? This one? (3rd on the list) Im using all of IDE ports and i dont want to miss around with a conroller card.

\\VH////
:slight_smile:

so this drive is only good for tages?

No SafeDisc 3.2 (pos 4.0) aswell
:slight_smile:
\\VH////

but it wont work in any other drives?

It wont work in itself, but it will in lots of other drives.

@VirusHack, the external is just as good as the IDE, I have mine on a IDE2USB kit anyway.

I have the Asus CRW-5232AS myself and in addition, it is nice and quiet too - probably the quietest CD writer I’ve owned (unless you count my first ever drive, a Mitsumi 2X burner! :))
As you say, I’m unable to play several copies written with it though. Any suggestions for a DVD drive (or writer) that might work with it? Preferably one that will complement it.

Thanks in advance!
Mike

Thanx Ben, so it is normal for the "ASUS CRW-5232AS " to burn Safedisc 3.2 but not play it.
Oh yeah “Cantab”, I’m not sure if this is any good or not but I have a Pioneer “PIODATA DVD-RW DVR-108DX” which did play the Farcry game Safedisc 3.2 .
I was also very suprised at how quiet the asus actually is. I guess they had good reason to name it QuieTrack. :wink:
I would also like to know what would be the best DVD/rom drive to compliment the asus? Preferably one that could read/play most if not all copy protections. Thanx in advance :slight_smile:
My specs:

CPU: P4 ~1500 Mhz

Motherboard: Asus TeK P4S800

BIOS: Award ASUS P4S800 ACPI BIOS Revision 1007, 23/02/2004

Memory: 1024 MB

Graphics: RADEON 9200 PRO AGP

CD/DVD-RW: “ASUS CRW-5232AS QuieTrack”
“PIODATA DVD-RW DVR-108DX”

Many burners can burn a game but not play it, as Ben said is pretty norm nowadays. A good combination would be a Asus drive & a LiteON DVD ROM (166s) which can almost read anything.

Good Luck:)

Thankyou $CyBeRwIz$, I will probably buy a LiteON DVD ROM (166s) . One more thing, your offline guide is great & I look forward to the next version. There is a lot I still have to read and learn but it is very well set out and easy enough for begginers like myself.
Great work :slight_smile:

hmm well heres my goal… im not so much worried about cost… but i want to be able to burn a game and have it work in almost all drives… weather i have to buy 2 or 11 burners ill do it :smiley:

Hey klaxx ;),

I dont’ know why you still need another burner you got all you need to solve protections which can be backuped with no emulation using your hardware (SafeDisc, SecuROM, RingProtech, Laserlok…). Maybe a new DVD burner would be nice because your Toshiba is a bit old.

Yeh the Plex 8/20 I heard does miracles for newer SafeDisc versions.