New burner help?

vbimport

hi everyone,

i'm planning to buy a new burner, but i have a narrow choice, i'm in India and the market here is flooded with acers, samsung, LG, and HP.

you do get Plextors here (way too expensive!), have yet to see a Lite-on! :frowning: so these two are out...

anyway which one should i pick up? considering i will use it to backup games.
please feel free to mention any other drives other than the above.

i do have my eye on LG and Asus drives... any suggestions?

thanks!

ps. can the Asus 24x / 32x and the LG GCE-8320B copy SD 2.51.xx ?

I have had total success with my Asus drive.

:cool:

Asus has proven themselves , LG still has to.

ok so how is the Asus 32x ? can it do SD 2.51.xx??

thanks for replying…

Originally posted by webcrawler
[B]ok so how is the Asus 32x ? can it do SD 2.51.xx??

thanks for replying… [/B]

self help

well… i did do a search but couldn’t confirm it. i saw FutureProof’s list of writers that do SD 2.51.xx and the ASUS CRW-3212A wasn’t listed, so i assume it can’t!
but on the CCD site it lists the 32x as double sheep on the Correct EFM-Encoding table… so even if a writer can Correctly EFM-Encode it’s not necessary that it can do SD 2.51.xx, rite? :confused:

ok one last question (hopefully) any problems copying the new securom (WCIII) with the LGs? i did do a search but didn’t get any answer… i know the asus has no problem!

thanks again!! :slight_smile:

well… i did do a search but couldn’t confirm it. i saw FutureProof’s list of writers that do SD 2.51.xx and the ASUS CRW-3212A wasn’t listed, so i assume it can’t!
but on the CCD site it lists the 32x as double sheep on the Correct EFM-Encoding table… so even if a writer can Correctly EFM-Encode it’s not necessary that it can do SD 2.51.xx, rite?

The Asus 3212a will do evry thing just like the 4012a only slower.You won’t find much about the 3212a cause it really didn’t get a chance to make it’s mark,it’s wasn’t out on the market long before they released the 4012a.

ok one last question (hopefully) any problems copying the new securom (WCIII) with the LGs? i did do a search but didn’t get any answer… i know the asus has no problem!

The LG will burn it no worries as for reading, i don’t know what there like but i don’t think it should have to many problems reading it.

The LG’s simpley & utterly rock. I have 8160b x3, 8240 & and today got my 8400 (40x12x40) Solidly build and very, very quiet.
The 8160 copies everything (see my post of earlier today i.r.t. Warcraft 3) The Clone CD site lists the 8160, 8320 & 8400 as two sheep burners. Far superier build quility than the Liteon.

Originally posted by webcrawler
[B]ok so how is the Asus 32x ? can it do SD 2.51.xx??

thanks for replying… [/B]

Just thought I would ask why you would want the 32 and not the 40 or the 48 ?

:cool:

Originally posted by traveler
[B]
Just thought I would ask why you would want the 32 and not the 40 or the 48 ?

:cool: [/B]

would love the 40x or the 48x but being in India everything reaches here about 3-4 months late and when it comes it’s generally overpriced!! plus i don’t really care about the speed as long as the job’s being done!

thanks for all your help!! :smiley: