New Burner for YUDENT03

Already have a Nec ND1300A and a Benq DW1640, am looking to pick up a new drive that is able to burn 16X DVD+R TY at the best quality. Scanning is not a necessary feature (1640 will do for that), neither is lightscribe/labelflash. Any recommonedations? :smiley:

[QUOTE=>:|sh4d0w|:<]Already have a Nec ND1300A and a Benq DW1640, am looking to pick up a new drive that is able to burn 16X DVD+R TY at the best quality. [/QUOTE]

The 1640 burns that mid very well, you will not find a newer burner who do this considerably better. Also very good with that mid (like most burners) Pioneer 111.

Yes i agree, the Benq seems to deal with the t03s as well as any other writer atm, but i fancied a new writer, the Pio111 looked good (CDF Review), as does the LG H12/22 L/N, and the new Sammy.

[QUOTE=>:|sh4d0w|:<]Yes i agree, the Benq seems to deal with the t03s as well as any other writer atm, but i fancied a new writer, the Pio111 looked good (CDF Review), as does the LG H12/22 L/N, and the new Sammy.[/QUOTE]

If you’re talking about the Sammy SH-S182D, I can do a T03 burn tomorrow if you like. :wink:

I have the SH-S182M but I use the verbatim 16X burned @ 18X. I do use the 8X -R’s TYG02 on Benq 1650 as I get 15X burns & for half the price of what TY 16X+R’s cost, and all burns are excellent.

Ooo, that would be very nice :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=>:|sh4d0w|:<]Ooo, that would be very nice :)[/QUOTE]

Actually, I forgot, but thanks for the reminder. I’ll get on it now - any particular speed?

:slight_smile:

Here you go - burned on the Samsung SH-S182D, at 8x as you asked. I even plugged in my BenQ to scan it :slight_smile:

Thanks for the scan :bow: , nice burn :slight_smile:

Any problems youve come across with the samsung?

[QUOTE=>:|sh4d0w|:<]Thanks for the scan :bow: , nice burn :slight_smile:

Any problems youve come across with the samsung?[/QUOTE]

No probs, I’m just glad you reminded me :wink:

Probs with the Samsung…nope, not yet - some poeple are having lead-in problems with DVD-R (mentioned in this thread), but I’ve burned flawless DVD-R on mine. However, there is a special “CDFreaks edition” of the latest firmware that fixes the problem for most people.

:slight_smile:

I think that SB04 is the latest version and it’s version SB03 for SH-S182D that has been specialy patched for cdfreaks.
For SH-S182M, it’s SB02 that was patched for cd freaks and SB03 the latest.

The latest version don’t have that bug.

Hmmm, according to this post by Jan70, it’s SB04 that’s been patched (for the SH-S182D).

But then as I said, I had SB02 on this drive when I got it, and I didn’t experience the -R lead-in problem even with that…

I am in the market for a burner that will do the YUDEN00T03 as well. Anyone have any choices other than the Samsung? I have no problem with Samsung, I would just like to see if anything else also does well.

You may have to consider the batch of T03 media aswell. If there is a drive/firmware combination which can turn [B]TH001330[/B] discs into similar write quality as [B]TH000021[/B] batch, then I will order one immediately! :stuck_out_tongue:

I was also considering the Pio 111 or the LG 12/22’s, havent seen specific scans for those on t03s though.

[QUOTE=>:|sh4d0w|:<]I was also considering the Pio 111 or the LG 12/22’s, havent seen specific scans for those on t03s though.[/QUOTE]Plextor branded Taiyo Yuden 16x DVD+R (YUDEN000 T03) TG000021 burned at 8x in a Pioneer DVR-111L 8.29 and scanned in multiple drives.

I don’t burn any DVD media faster than 8x except for testing, because there are almost no combinations of media/drive/firmware that has better burn quality at burn speeds higher than 8x in my experience.

Thanks DrageMester. Looks like the good old Pioneer 111 will be the winner here as well as most other media. Nice to know I have something to fall back on when the T02 is gone.

Thanks for the scan Drage, the Pio looks like a solid drive. Adding a T03 from my 1640 for comparison;

Philips PBDV1628G/00 Crossflashed to Benq DW1640 BSLB, 4468 MB
.iso Burnt at 8x w/ Imgburn
MID: YUDEN000 T03
Plextor 16x DVD+R (TH000021 batch)

It was TH000021 actually. :o

Come across a retail boxed DW1650 for £21, must say im tempted for T03 burning.