My old Pioneer DVR-106D is constantly getting power calibration errors and can’t even read its own discs anymore.
So I need a new one, BUT I do have a very old computer and don’t have any plans to replace it (new system is gonna be a notebook).
Thus I need to make sure the quality is good at low burning speeds. I probably won’t go any further than 8x to avoid interrupts in the constant data flow towards the burner.
My criteria are quite simple:
- Burn quality needs to be good especially at lower burning speeds (4-8x DVD, 16-24x CD)
- Needs to be a reliable burner with especially Philips and Platinum CD/DVD+R media
- Not too expensive (Plextor is not an option)
Current media I use:
- Platinum (CMC Magnetics) 4.7GB 16x DVD+R; Media code: CMC MAG M01
- Platinum 52x 700MB CD-R
- Samsung PLEOMAX 52x 700MB CD-R; ProDisc 97m32s19f
What drive do you recommend? Currently I have the LH-18A1H in mind.