New Burner Configuration

vbimport

Hello everyone,

I’ve got a very simple question.

Bought a new Pioneer DVR-115DBK, I used it exactly as I used my old (working) burner, it gets recognized, but can’t read or write anything.

I get the feeling that there must be some connection problem, slave master etc… but I’m no expert so I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions.

My hdd are on the primary, and on secondary there is just the burner…

Am i doing something wrong?

If only the burner is connected on the secondary IDE channel then it’s better to set the drive as master.

Check in the rear: there is a little pin (see the picture as example) that must set properly.

The picture is only an example; the correct configuration can be seen in the drive itself (or in the user manual) :slight_smile:

Hi, thanks for your answer, I actually tried every possible configuration, and even if it gets recognized, it doesn’t seem to be able to read stuff.

Now, I’m a newbie, but it is a long time i don’t change my burner, so stupid question:

I’ve got a cable that from Secondary IDE (I believe it’s called like this) goes to the burner, the cable says “CDROM Cable” (it obiouvsly worked with my previous burner), does that mean anything?

Try a new [B]80[/B] wire IDE cable. If it’s a DELL set the burner to to CS.

You will need to make sure you have an 80 wire IDE cable. Looks the same as a 40 wire but has 80 wires instead. I believe an 80 wire IDE cable has a blue connector for the mobo plug.

[quote=gabrymit;2121336]Hi, thanks for your answer, I actually tried every possible configuration, and even if it gets recognized, it doesn’t seem to be able to read stuff.

Now, I’m a newbie, but it is a long time i don’t change my burner, so stupid question:

I’ve got a cable that from Secondary IDE (I believe it’s called like this) goes to the burner, the cable says “CDROM Cable” (it obiouvsly worked with my previous burner), does that mean anything?[/quote] It means that the cable is a 40wire cable what you need is to buy an 80 wire cable as that is what the pioneer burner requires in order to operate properly and to be set as master like what was stated before, good luck

Here there is a picture showing the difference between 40- and 80-wire cables :slight_smile:

Ciao Geno,

Thanks as usual, I will change it, just to make sure that the cable is not the sole responsible for my troubles.

But thanks for the support!!!

Oops, I hadn’t seen all the other answers (bloody browsers), thanks guys, I’ll try defienetely the 80 Cable, maybe that is the problem.

I will let you know

Cheers!!

Hey guys, I tried to buy the new cable 80, no joy, tried every configuration, my old burner keeps working, my new burner as usual get recognized at the start but then can’t see anything i put in it.

End of the road?

Can you try to install the drive on a different machine? If it is giving the same problems, then the drive is damaged :frowning:

If in a different mainboard the drive is working good, then there is something wrong in your system.

Hey Guys,

I actually gave it back and got a completely different one, and it works.

So the previous seller just sold me two different non-working drives… amazing.

Thanks to everyone for the help, much appriciated!!