New build

Looking to do a new build and wondering what kind of DVD reader/burners to put in. Currently running an older Pioneer model DVD player (3+ years old) and an LG GH22LS40 burner.

Main purpose: take DVD’s in current library and make copies so if destroyed by kids, the monies lost are much less. Looking for good quality for I would like burns to last longer than 6 months.

Currently using Taiyo Yuden TYG02 media. Switch back and forth between this and Verbatim (whatever I can find cheaper in the model number I’m looking for).

Any help would be greatly appreciated…been a “stalker” for a little while reviewing the comments made by many, but unfortunately not finding the definitive answer I’m looking for.

Thanks in advance.

I realize I am a newbie on here but can no one help me out? Looking to start this build soon but want to have all parts here first. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

@ mpicasso,

Welcome to the Forum.

Suggest reviewing the CD Freaks CD/DVD Burner Forum Read First posting titled “The Top 5 Optical Drives” (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/top-5-optical-drives-2008-cd-freaks-members-choice-249785) for information on what Optical Drives Forum Members recommend.

Also throughout the CDFreaks “Writer User Reviews and Comments” and/or “CD and DVD Writers” Forums there are numerous “What Burner To Buy?” type postings that provide specific recommendations. By reviewing these types of Forum posting it is not too difficult to discern what particular Optical Drives are highly recommended.

Regards,
bjkg