New Build in Progress

[QUOTE=alan1476;2782682]The all new Closed loop Kraken

//youtu.be/UHxDhHHgwrA
[/QUOTE]

I don’t need fancy lights. Just good cooling. Lol

Hey LED is the new trend, everyone is putting LED in everything, even on mouse pads, I dont like them they fell and look distracting to to me, and they only value is when taking pictures, but this is the new trend.

I agree good colling and low noise are more important that LEDs.

[QUOTE=vroom;2782751]Hey LED is the new trend, everyone is putting LED in everything, even on mouse pads, I dont like them they fell and look distracting to to me, and they only value is when taking pictures, but this is the new trend.

I agree good colling and low noise are more important that LEDs.[/QUOTE]I know you are aware that there is a scenario where you can have good cooling, low noise and Leds. LOL. ( joking)

[QUOTE=alan1476;2782763]I know you are aware that there is a scenario where you can have good cooling, low noise and Leds. LOL. ( joking)[/QUOTE]

No idea that something like that was possible :bigsmile:
btw we are expecting pictures of your build, with the LEDs turned on :wink: (joking)

The name “Kraken” sure sounds cooler though.

I can’t believe nobody has said it.

[B]RELEASE THE KRAKEN!![/B] :doh:

Looking forward to the upcoming o/c photos. :iagree:

Started putting stuff together last night. Had to mobo in and out a total of 5 times. 😫
First time got it in and noticed I was missing one standoff. So took it out, added standoff and put mobo in.
Then noticed that I forgot the I/O shield. So back out and back in.
Dropped screw and couldn’t find it. Mobo back out and in once again.
Finally everything looking good. Went to test fit the water cooling block to the CPU. Backplate loose and wobbly, so removed mobo again. After messing around with it for 30 minutes, got smart and googled it. Found that it is supposed to be like that until waterblock is tightened down. Put mobo back in.

Corsair h100i installed nicely. Memory sticks snapped right in place.

Put in pioneer bluray burner and my old plextor DVD burner.

Had or read case manual to figure out how to get cover off to where I could install PSU. Right now it is just sitting in the case.

Cleaned CPU and waterblock with alcohol, added thermal paste and installed waterblock and tightened it down snug being careful to evenly tighten all four corners a little at a time. (Didn’t hear any cracking noise! 🤓)

Called it a night…

[QUOTE=vroom;2782766]No idea that something like that was possible :bigsmile:
btw we are expecting pictures of your build, with the LEDs turned on :wink: (joking)[/QUOTE] Here is a quick one now that its done

Where are all the wires… 😆

Better pic ( Where are all the wires you ask) some are under the PSU cover) the rest is just good cable management.)

[QUOTE=alan1476;2782844]Here is a quick one now that its done[/QUOTE]

So you have the optional hard drive cases, nice, BTW how much they cost?

Everything is looking great on this build Alan.

I didnt saw that you changed the stickers in your fans the new ones look very good, its an 100% ROG themed build :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=vroom;2782885]So you have the optional hard drive cases, nice, BTW how much they cost?

Everything is looking great on this build Alan.

I didnt saw that you changed the stickers in your fans the new ones look very good, its an 100% ROG themed build :bigsmile:[/QUOTE] Yes and all the RGB is controlled by the Asus Aura software. Over 1 Billion color combinations. I love the Asus Strix OC Edition 1080GTX RGB software. I had a mirror cut for the top of the PSU cover so you can see the bottom of the GPU.

Test fired it this morning. No smoke. No error codes. Booted to bios. Cpu temp at idle is showing 50c. Shouldnt it be closer to 33c…

Not sure about the CPU temp but i believe that most of the time he CPU is at max speed in the BIOS, also you might need a few hours before the thermal paste settles in.

[QUOTE=vroom;2782903]Not sure about the CPU temp but i believe that most of the time he CPU is at max speed in the BIOS, also you might need a few hours before the thermal paste settles in.[/QUOTE]
I will get windows 10 installed on the 950 pro, install the corsair h100i software and see how idle temps look and post some pics of the build.

Temps, I used IcyDiamond 24kt Thermal paste, wiped the stuff that was on it out of box.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2782908]Temps, I used IcyDiamond 24kt Thermal paste, wiped the stuff that was on it out of box.[/QUOTE]
I used artic silver.

Artic Silver is fine.
There isn’t a huge difference between any of the high quality TIM’s, and everyone has their favourite.

50c at idle in the BIOS is high though.
Is V-core on the auto setting, and what v-core is reported in the BIOS?

Corsair has this semi new software ( just updated) free also

Got Windows 10 loaded up and downloaded Corsair Link. Checked temps again, and according to Corsair Link, Core 1 was 22.0C, Core 2 23.0C, Core 3 21.0C, and core 4 21.0C. Overclocked to 4.4 and temps stayed the same. No change in fan speeds. Nice and quiet. Tried to OC to 4.8, but got BSOD.
Overclocked the memory to 3466 at cl15 and it didn’t even hiccup. Very stable currently set at 4.4 with memory at 3466.
VCORE is showing 1.227V
Dram voltage is at 1.368

After I get 3DMark working again, I will run a stress test and forward my results. Also will put together pics when I get time.

After initial fire up, I just put my windows 10 CD in, and rebooted. Windows 10 loaded right up onto the Samsung 950 M2 first try with no problems. :slight_smile:

Phase 1 of build photos.

[ATTACH]32ATTACH]