New Blu-Ray Burner 2013

Hello! I am about to buy my first blu-ray burners and wondering which one to choose. What is important for me is that it is able to rip blu-ray fast, and that it also burns quickly and with high quality.
This burner seems hard to find now in 2013.
The ones I have looked at are.

First Asus BW-14D1XT Ther not much information about this writer if riplocked or not. It seems pretty fast on the paper hoping someone here knows more about this one.

2nd Lite-On ihes112 seems that many consider this to be the fastest rip drive but not the best burner or am I wrong.

3rd Pioneer BDR-207E favorite of many, but now there is talk about Pioneer 2208 but this writer seems difficult to find in europe or is it a different name in europe :confused:.

4th Are any of these the ultimate burner that can handle most things well or have I missed the beast among blu-ray burner 2012-2013.

Hope someone here knows much more than a beginner like me on this.On paper it looks like Asus BW-14D1XT is the one fast and has BD-XL to.But as I mentioned earlier no comments reviews about the rip speed or quality burn on this drive hope someone here has this burner and knows.:bow:

I have an LG WH14NS40 and LiteOn iHBS 112-2.

The LG is my go-to drive for burning almost anything. Its also much faster for ripping BD-25 discs, and the 2 are the same speed for ripping BD-50.

[QUOTE=Lite-On;2682853]2nd Lite-On ihes112 seems that many consider this to be the fastest rip drive but not the best burner or am I wrong.[/QUOTE]
As far as I know, this drive only reads Blu-Ray but can only burn CD and DVD. If you want a LiteOn Blu-Ray burner, you need the iHBS-112 (212 or 312 should work too)

[QUOTE=CDan;2682855]I have an LG WH14NS40 and LiteOn iHBS 112-2.

The LG is my go-to drive for burning almost anything. Its also much faster for ripping BD-25 discs, and the 2 are the same speed for ripping BD-50.[/QUOTE]

Became intreserad in the LG WH14NS40 but can not find it where I live Europe Sweden unfortunately. Or is it a different name outside the U.S.

sorry I wrote the wrong word, it should be ihBs-112 and not ihEs-112

[QUOTE=Lite-On;2682865]Became intreserad in the LG WH14NS40 but can not find it where I live Europe Sweden unfortunately. Or is it a different name outside the U.S.[/QUOTE]

There are eBay sellers shipping worldwide, but you might also find it in Europe under another name. Given the hassles of international shipping, maybe the LiteOn is your best option. The differences are small.

One option is to get the newest LG BH16NS40. I’m also going to get my first Blu-ray burner soon. LG or Pioneer is my choice. I’m from Finland.

[QUOTE=Lite-On;2682865]Became intreserad in the LG WH14NS40 but can not find it where I live Europe Sweden unfortunately. Or is it a different name outside the U.S.[/QUOTE]Comparing the WHxxx and BHxxx, at newegg, shows they are the same in specs. WH is “OEM” and the box comes with bare drive.

Yes, go for BH16xxx. The basic specs and functions are the same as for WH14xxx/ BH14xxx, or better.
For sale in Europe on amazon.uk and eBay.de, among others.
(Shipping costs to Scandinavian countries ca.20 to 25 Euro.)

Have searched information about BH16NS40 if riplocked or not but have been unable to find an answer to it.
Is there anyone here who has this burner can share information about rip speed SL and DL Blu-Ray Movies with this writer thanks.
Information on the Asus BW-14D1XT would also be nice:iagree:

Okay then, I have made ​​my choice of burner for now.

I chose and have now ordered the [B]Asus BW-14D1XT[/B] Seems to be a very competent writer based on the information I could find that was important to me riplock free and good quality burns.
There is a new thread about this burner here http://club.myce.com/f87/asus-bw-14d1xt-332076/
Now it is just to wait until it arrives.:slight_smile:

I can also take this opportunity to tell you about this great External cabinet I bought to the recorder.
It is.
ICY BOX EXTERNAL CABINET 1x5.25 "SATA TO USB 3.0/ESATA.
http://www.raidsonic.de/en/products/external-cases.php?we_objectID=8165

The Asus BW-14D1XT should be the same as the LG BH14NS40.

I have a lite-on212-2 and LG BP40NS20 that I use rip or copy BD without any problems so far. And they both can play as well. But your ripping or copy will depend just as much on the drive being a BD writer as well as the software that will support the BD copying features.

Does anyone have any experience with the Memorex MRX800LU External Blu-ray Writer? I bought one, but the scan wasn’t very good with CMCMAGBA5 media. The media is on the ‘compatible’ list, but the burn seems so-so compared to some I’ve seen. (I burned this about a day ago.) Should I return the drive and get something else? Maybe the Asus BW-14D1XT or LG BH14NS40 as mentioned above?

Thanks!

I saw another thread that recommended the Pioneer 207MBK or 208DBK. How do these compare with the Asus BW-14D1XT or LG BH14NS40? Thanks!

Disk number two with the Memorex MRX800LU External Blu-ray Writer and the CMCMAGBA5 media (Philips brand. Burned a day ago.) Doesn’t look good.

[QUOTE=micahs;2685772]Does anyone have any experience with the Memorex MRX800LU External Blu-ray Writer? I bought one, but the scan wasn’t very good with CMCMAGBA5 media. The media is on the ‘compatible’ list, but the burn seems so-so compared to some I’ve seen. (I burned this about a day ago.) Should I return the drive and get something else? Maybe the Asus BW-14D1XT or LG BH14NS40 as mentioned above?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I’ve never heard of this drive before … since it seems to be a 12x burner, which can scan BluRay discs and which has LightScribe, that would suggest that your drive is an iHBS212 clone which has been ‘packaged’ into an external enclosure and rebadged as Memorex MRX800LU…

CMCMAGBA5 is not what one would regard as good quality media, so your results could be a combination of poor media quality and possibly poor firmware support for this media … no idea how old this PME2 firmware is (you should be able to see that if you look at the drive info tab I think).

Support wise, I wouldn’t expect many firmware updates from Memorex (if any!).

[QUOTE=micahs;2685774]I saw another thread that recommended the Pioneer 207MBK or 208DBK. How do these compare with the Asus BW-14D1XT or LG BH14NS40? Thanks![/QUOTE]

The Pioneer burners are excellent drives, probably the best around when it comes to burn quality, but they can’t do quality scans. I’m not impressed with the BH14/BH16 family (they can’t do quality scans either by the way)… I haven’t used my BH16 with lots of different media yet, but so far for the media I tried I’m far from impressed …

You can look at the relevant results threads for scans involving different media and make your mind up about the relative burn quality of various drives.

@cvs

Thank you for your informative response! I will do some more research now that I have a better starting point and hopefully arrive at a suitable solution. I couldn’t find any detailed info on that drive other than the usual sales specs. Thanks again!

Ah, I missed the time limit to edit my previous post.

After looking at the iHBS212, I think I’ll just return it. You’re right, I can’t find any firmware updates for this. (Maybe if I took the drive out and mounted it internally I could update it, but I’d rather not take it apart to find out.) Also, there is not a lot of supported media for bd-r. (Or at least most of the officially supported media is not high enough quality, as far as I can tell. I would prefer more media options.)

I’ll probably end up with the Pioneer 207MBK in an external enclosure. Thanks again!

Owners’ feedback of Memorex MRX-800LU are indicating there is no LightScribe feature in the V2 and V3 models, so it may be the iHBS312.

Oh, yeah. No lightscribe on this one. Thanks!