New Blindwrite version defeats Securom "very new"

Hi there,

I have read the news at cd-freaks about new blindwrite version this afternoon; and I thought that it was not possible (make a 1:1 backup). But I tried some games as Hitman 2 and UT2k3 and I have got 100% working copies in my devices :eek:
The only thing was that I had to use Clonecd Tray in order to work them in my cd-recording devices. I only hope that the new blindwrite can copy future versions of securom “very new”

Excellent work for the VSO Team guys; :smiley:

What options in Blindwrite did you use to copy Hitman 2?
Thanks

Copied succesfully HITMAN 2 with PLEX 24 and BLINWRITE BWA!

Parker
a thing i noticed is that the copy takes very long time for loading during protection check while the original starts immediatly!
Is that the same for you?

Good news, can you check if reading your backup from the Plex24x there are bad sectors?
Thanks.

Non ci sono bad sectors! :slight_smile:

Parker, one question
Did you tried of playing this game with another hide media?? Like A120%, d-tools, …???

Originally posted by Venturer
the copy takes very long time for loading during protection check while the original starts immediatly!
Is that the same for you?

That is true; in some devices takes a long time to verify and other go quick.

Originally posted by Iluro80
Did you tried of playing this game with another hide media?? Like A120%, d-tools, …???

If I want to try the backup in a cd-writer I have to enable the clonecd tray to hide cdr or the insektors v3 app.
But if use a cd-reader nothing.

Originally posted by mschiff
What options in Blindwrite did you use to copy Hitman 2?

I did not use Alternative reading nor extracting subcodes; because I think the most important is the BWA file with the physical signs and not the subcodes. But is only my opinion and works for me.

Sorry I tell an error; because I have WinME; it does not work for me for now because is only compatible with Win2k/XP:(
But Clonecd tray works well too

Originally posted by vio_man
Did anyone tried to make a copy from a copy using BW? Does the copy works? I don’t think. Not everyone has the original one to copy from it.

Gimme a few minutes and I’ll try it. I have a working copy from my original.

Yes you can copy a copy. I just did it and it worked.

I created a new image from the backup and a new .bwa file from the backup. Burned it from the new images and it worked.

in the clonecd homepage, it is listed that 2 sheep burners can copy almost all new protections. Do you need a “2 sheep burner” in order to be successful with using blindwrite. Or is it compatible with a diff list of burners burners? How would I know for example, if my burner can be used by blindwrite to copy new safedisc and securom?

That list is a reference to backup safediskv v2.51.021 and up.

I’ve made the image of the Hitman 2 copy with the new Blindwrite v4.2.1 and also used BWA. But the copy of the back up didn’t work. Nothing comes up. Of course I have cloned CD tray with hid CDR enable and even tried the Insektor v3. How did you people made a 1:1 working copy. I used my Toshiba SDM1402 as a reader and Lite On 24 to write.:bow:

Try to make the BWA file with the Lite-ON cd-rw.
Remember that the BWA file have to be with the same name and in the same location that other image files of Blindwrite.
When you burn an image with BWA file verify if there are some reference to BWA file in the log of Blindwrite at the end.

when using BW do you load the file to write as .BWA or .BWT

After creating the .BWA and save it in the same location you extracted the disc with blindread;
You have to open with blindwrite the .BWT file only and burn it;

to make sure it used the BWA file
read the log after its done burning

***----- CD DEVICE INFO END OF REPORT -----***
Unit 3:1:0 - LITE-ON LTR-24102B 5S07 [G]
HD image "NOLF2_CD1.BWT"
Writing mode : DAO PW
Physical CD descriptor (BWA) file found.
3541 dual sectors will be added to recreate lower sector densities
Sectors read : 319720
Sectors built: 150
CD is complete

probably see something like that if it used the file

thanks

my log said created more dual secotrs than 3541…like 3585 and it worked now…I think the issue was the LTD 163 in my case is not best for the BWA reading

Used Liteon cdrw 40125S@48125S for BWa at 4x(also turned off graph)

subcodes and altern. read off
write …amplify weak sectors off

read image max
write max