New BlindWrite - Post settings & results with latest protection schemes

This is good news that the New SecureRom can now be backed up! I have the following questions…

1. I assume that BW can backup SD1, SD2, SD2.8, Laserlok, SecureRom (old), etc. Am I correct? What protections can’t it handle?

2. Is BW hardware dependant like CCD was? I have a Tosh 1212 DVD and Liteon 12102b. Will these back up New SecureRom? What about other burners like my old HP 9100?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Serpeant
[B]This is good news that the New SecureRom can now be backed up! I have the following questions…

1. I assume that BW can backup SD1, SD2, SD2.8, Laserlok, SecureRom (old), etc. Am I correct? What protections can’t it handle?

Thanks. [/B]

Blindwrite can´t handle Safedisc 2.8

can you provide a list of Safedisc 2.8 popular games ?

Mafia doesn’t use this one ?

• The Sims Unleashed was first v.2.80.010[]Need for Speed Hot Pursuit v2.80.010[]Total Club Manager 2003 v2.80.010[*]FIFA 2003 v2.80.010

:frowning: … so we have to buy Fifa 2003
anyone can remind me the protection version used in Mafia ?

Mafia uses 2.7x. Blindwrite handles that one fine.

Originally posted by philamber
Mafia uses 2.7x. Blindwrite handles that one fine.

Clone CD last Action on my Computers was copying Mafia.

Now other solutions are requiered.

(BW, DDump, Fireburner)

May be Olli from CloneCD will get in Work soon, to handle SD2.8 and Securom 4.8 with CloneCD.

i’m curious to know what brand and model drives have been used to create the BWA and image files that end up creating a working copy of a securom v4 cd

I’ve just made my successful copy of UT2003.
I made the .bwa file at 1 x speed(as recommended in the readme file).
The game starts up quicker with the copy(3-5 secs) than the original(10-12 secs).
The game also plays from my burner.

Reader: liteon 163D
Burner: liteon 24102B

:cool: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile: :slight_smile:

does anyone have any instructions on how to do all this.
I downloaded all the progs and read the readme file but still don’t get it.

please help

I don´t know if this is a bug, but if the cd got after the data track some audio tracks (like Cossacks Back to war) it won´t start the mesure process. I have testet it with the liteOn 24x, toshiba 1602 and the Plex 24x and have no go with these 3 devices. Have anyone got the same problem?
On the CDs were is only a data track on it it starts without problems!

Originally posted by lapinou
:frowning: … so we have to buy Fifa 2003
anyone can remind me the protection version used in Mafia ?

safedisk 2.70.30

I still can’t make a sucessful copy of The Thing with Blindwrite. SecuROM - 4.77.00 0029

Clone CD can back it up though and it wirks fine???:confused:

Originally posted by Gabberhead
I don´t know if this is a bug, but if the cd got after the data track some audio tracks (like Cossacks Back to war) it won´t start the mesure process. I have testet it with the liteOn 24x, toshiba 1602 and the Plex 24x and have no go with these 3 devices. Have anyone got the same problem?
On the CDs were is only a data track on it it starts without problems!

… you are right;

Same here…problem signaled to the BWteam!
Anyway with Alcohol you can retrieve physical informations also from mixed data/audio cds!

well … the problem is : we don’t have all these original.

so please give what we should buy to test.

My litey has had no probs doing a blindwrite copy as mentioned above. Game NOLF english version
I’m no technohead, guess I’ll never understand how this stuff works, but hey the instructions are sufficient and in my opinion the securoms and safedisks around today 'haven’t lasted very long…:stuck_out_tongue:

give a list of what we should to buy.

sorry … too tired I begin to forget words…

Originally posted by lapinou
[B]give a list of what we should to buy.

sorry … too tired I begin to forget words… [/B]
Burners or CD-DA discs or game titles? My ASUS and Liteon units can’t do The Sims Unleashed in latest version of BW.

lapinou, although you’d all like BW to work across a wide range of units, I think the main effort should be towards known SD2 killers like Liteon and ASUS, maybe include Plextor too. Get BW to produce a working backup of SD2.8x (say, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit v2.80.010) with these brands and go from there. Defeating SecuROM is nice but SD2 nicer. DiscJuggler and CloneCD (two versions ago) can do it. Worry about Plextors if you have to (great for audio) but get the major brands working first. How’s that ? :bigsmile:

no I was talking about game title… for drive, we have… but for example NFS is not yet available in France… so …
SD2.7 is ok ( cf Mafia ) … but we will buy Fifa 2003… but for a game with audio tracks I don’t know …

Sims Unleashed, Divine Divinity and Total Club Manager are also sd 2.8x.