New BlindWrite - Post settings & results with latest protection schemes

Hi !!!

I made a copy of NOLF2 1:1

I used Blindwrite 4.2 and I used the BWA settings

See ya

thanks heaps Blindwrite

Confirms success UT2003 with BR4.2.1

Read image and BWA file with ASUS E616, BWA file looked VERY spiky so I had my doubts.
Burned with Plex 12/10/32S and it did not work!

Read BWA file again with Plex12/10/32S and it looked totally different, much smoother, not even close to Asus read.

Burned again in Plex12/1032S and it worked!

(I have to look in to this Asus problem, cause I think I forgot to disable that weak sector thing at first burn.)

Many thx to BR team, you just sold me a program.

To moderators!
Maybe it is time to create a BlindWrite only section?

yes i was wondering which is better to read BWA files… writers or readers?
and generally how long does it take to complete it?

i will test it myself as soon as i pick up a copy of Hitman2.

what are the exactly burn-settings to burn a patched image with ccd? and with the new blindwrite?

Originally posted by derk
[B]I was able to make a working copy of a UT2003 original using
Blindwrite 4.2.1, just following the instructions (How to BWA).

My setup:
XP Pro SP1
Liteon LTD 163D GHR3 firmware
Liteon 40125S ZSON firmware. [/B]

Can you show me where the BWA is?

YES, i will test it at 17:15 with German UT2033 release

Quick tutorial for latest protection

Extract with BR

Create a .bwa of the same base name using latest bwabuilder ( see doc with bwabuilder ) and place it in the same location than the image files.

burn with BW using DAO pw or pq

(only if you play the copy from a CD writer) run insektor V3 and turn on support

Launch cd ( be patient with some drives)

CDFREAKS News

How long does it take to do the BWA extraction?

Copied successfully HITMAN 2 with PLEX 24x as reader and writer and Blinwrite BWA!

A thing i noticed is that the copy takes very long time for loading during protection check (Tried both in Pioneer DVD 106s and Plex 24x) , while the original starts immediatly!

Is it normal?

Before I pose my question, I would like to say a big thanks too the members who have had success with the new version of the BlindSuite 4.2.1 and posted here in the forum. So it now seems we can backup all the SD 2x and the New SecureRom(does this include SecureRom 4? a setting in Alcohol).

I have a Plextor 12/10/32s and a Lity x48, can you please tell me what settings too use on reading and for writing the above protection with my drives. :confused: There is always a 1st time too ask a question even for an advanced user of software and hardware. :bow:

Many thanks

Greetz too the Forum The Diplomat:D

Originally posted by 3rdGear
[B]Hi !!!

I made a copy of NOLF2 1:1

I used Blindwrite 4.2 and I used the BWA settings

See ya

thanks heaps Blindwrite [/B]

Update I just made a copy of the copy and it also worked!!!
I used no specail settings for the copy of the copy

See yas

blindwrite rocks :slight_smile:

I heard the Blindwrite updated version can now burn Securom 4 programs, such as UT2K3, HITMAN2, and other i think. But what did Blindwrite do to make this possible what coding. Can this be used with CloneCD? :confused: But thank you Blindwrite!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Using latest BW version & BWA, backed up UT - works in all CD/DVD-ROMs

Nibble
Verbatim AZO 24x

where did you find instructions on this software? Is it on the webpage?

Blindwrite can create a .bwa file.
It can be used through Insektors to run your cd. This is not a 1:1 copy but rather a means of emulation.
Instructions are at the site http://www.blindwrite.com

Insektors is freeware and the bwa builder is included in the zip.

Cheers

OK, I posted this earlier in another post that seems to have gotten forgotten. Since this seems like the appropiate thread I’ll post it hear again. I am really looking for answer to these spacific questions since the verification time on my drives is upwards of 5 minutes.

Specifically, I am making a backup of Civ3 - Play the World (SecuROM 4.83.55) but hopefully the settings are the same for all systems and titles.

BWA SETTINGS (part one)

• [li]What speed is best for creating BWA file?

[/li]IMAGE SETTINGS (part two)

[ul][li]Should you include subcode data in your image (SercuROM New)?
[/li][li]Should you use Nibble or Gap read? Adpat speed?
[/li][li]What is best speed to create image?[/ul]
[/li]BURN SETTINGS (part three)

[ul][li]What is best speed to burn image at?
[/li][li]Do you burn in DAO PW or DAO PQ?
[/li][li]Do you need to check ‘enhance weak sectors’?[/ul]
[/li]
Thanks

Not to sound like too much of a newb, but I did make a working copy of UT 2003 without any type of emulation running. I don’t have any installed on my system. No Insektors or Deamon tools, nothing. I just created the .bwa file with the Physical Characteristic Dumper and saved it with the same name in the same folder as the rest of the CD image files. Follow the instructions included with the update, it’s easy.

It installed and ran without problems from the backup copy.

BTW, I only used the physical characterstic dumper on the first CD. The other two I just made an image of and burned them.

Originally posted by Jailer
BTW, I only used the physical characterstic dumper on the first CD. The other two I just made an image of and burned them.

'Cause there ain’t no copy protection on the other two discs. :bigsmile:

Ok…new to BW…can I assume there are no preset profiles correct…

so to backup securom 4…

create an image with BR…do you check subcodes?..what about altern. read method…

then after the read…create a BWA file and place in the image location and then burn cd with BW

Am I close???

Originally posted by nealh
[B]Ok…new to BW…can I assume there are no preset profiles correct…

so to backup securom 4…

create an image with BR…do you check subcodes?..what about altern. read method…

then after the read…create a BWA file and place in the image location and then burn cd with BW

Am I close??? [/B]

Thats what I did and it worked for me.

Just got done burning a copy of a copy and it worked so it looks as if Securerom has been defeated.

@ Jailer
Did you check for sub-code extraction when making the image or not? Your previous answers aren’t clear on this point.