NEW: BlindWrite 4.2.2 now copies SD 2.8 without emulation!

Check the BlindWrite web site at http://www.blindwrite.com
Alcohol 120% team is getting behind… :frowning:

All we have to know now are the settings to make 1:1 backups of SD 2.8 protected titles…

1. Alcohol can also copy sd 2.8x without emulation.

2. For appropriate settings for use of blindwrite in copying sd 2.8x cds (or any other safedisc protected cd for that matter) see here.

:bigsmile: BW 4.2.2 is the choise :bigsmile:

NFSHP2 works perfectly which I did with my Lite-On 48125w vs08.

Well I just tried it with NFSHP2 and it failed.

First I tried reading with my Ltd-163 nibble mode and writing with my Ltr-24102b dao pq. The burnt cdrw wasn’t even readable.

I then tried reading with my Ltr-24102b nibble mode and writing with the Ltr-24102b too dao pw. The burnt cdrw was readable but wouldn’t run.

More work is obviously needed since on my system, all of the following work-

• alcohol 120%
  • discdump/fireburner
  • discdump/nero
  • blindread 3.0.0.23/fireburner.

I copied it using Clonecd. Used my Liteon 32123s and had no problems.

I heard a rumour that Blindwrite can also write the new securom 4.8???

Is this true ? I would like to know before I splash out the cash.

Apparently It can do this without emulation…

Success with Unleashed (SD2.80.10) and Liteon 40123S. Used CloneCD Hide CD-R Media.

Read with Nibble and wrote with DAO PW on an 80’ Verbatim super AZO (DataLifePlus) 1-24x

Write was 4’:45", max speed was 21x

BUT why is my ASUS 4816A not recognised???

Originally posted by FutureProof

You can’t use your Asus for neither reading, writing, installing, playing?

Does someone here know a guide about Blindread/Blindwrite regarding the settings? As what i’ve read BlindWrite can copy all the existing protections, but if we want to, we need the settings.
Has someone an idea where to find such a guide?

I still can’t make a successfull copy of older secureROM titles with blindwrite. It worked for UT2003 but it won’t work on anything older than The Thing.
It just failed on Arcanum (SecuROM - 4.45.00 0005)

Can’t even get it to run properly in Win2k :a . Seems to work fine in WinME, but it does not see my Asus and Plextor drives. All it sees are virtual drives (DAEMON/Alcohol).
I haven’t had a single version to run the way it should in Win2k. Support also seems non existent (no reply on emails). I like the program a lot, but having to reboot to Win ME every time I want to use it is too cumbersome. A fix would be helpfull :bow: .

FutureProof:

My question exactly, the drive has been out long enough now,
Looks like I’ll have to ask for a refund… hope Not

Are the copies now readable with Plex or Toshiba?

Originally posted by philamber
[B]Well I just tried it with NFSHP2 and it failed.

First I tried reading with my Ltd-163 nibble mode and writing with my Ltr-24102b dao pq. The burnt cdrw wasn’t even readable.

I then tried reading with my Ltr-24102b nibble mode and writing with the Ltr-24102b too dao pw. The burnt cdrw was readable but wouldn’t run.

More work is obviously needed since on my system, all of the following work-

• alcohol 120%
  • discdump/fireburner
  • discdump/nero
  • blindread 3.0.0.23/fireburner. [/B]

I did the reading with my 48125w vso8 with nibble and wrting with doa pw and the game works just fine from my 48125w with hide media and from my 52x cdrom. Also I had AWS off and had a max burn speed of 12 cos I was useing crappy media.

Also are you useing the PC layer wich comes with BW cos I am.

Its funny how people get different results with similar hardware.

Do you need a compatable writer to copy Safedisc 2.xx? If you do, is there a program you can use that is similar to Betablocker as my writer can’t copy Safedisc 2.xx without it with CloneCD? Thx for any info.

Originally posted by mmz87
Do you need a compatable writer to copy Safedisc 2.xx? If you do, is there a program you can use that is similar to Betablocker as my writer can’t copy Safedisc 2.xx without it with CloneCD?.

NOTE: Betablocker if updated could create a working copy but these copies tend to stop working when an update for the game/software is applied, for better results it is best to have a writer that does safedisc 2.51+

Originally posted by Ux-3
Are the copies now readable with Plex or Toshiba?
Installable? Yes by Toshi 1202 and 1402 and ASUS 40x and 48x :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Dazzler
[B]

You can’t use your Asus for neither reading, writing, installing, playing? [/B]
I can’t get my Toshi 1402, 1202 or ASUS’ to have discs recognised in them for reading in BW - had to read and write in my Lite-On 40x. My ASUS 48x does not show up in the list for writing. Install and play fine though.

about support, I don’t think so, but yesterday I was out the office, so … some emails using forms can be pending.

I read the comments, I can’t reply all of them, and don’t worry, we will try to update programs based on your feedback.