New beta "VSO" convertxtoHD

vbimport

New beta “VSO” convertxtoHD Has been out now for about a month, and I must say that I am getting pretty impressive results so far creating blu-ray’s , a few people are having some minor issues but on the whole not bad, and they may have the final version out quite soon I hope.
Please note … "that I neither work for “VSO” or gain in any way from them, I simply wish to relay the information that I can share with you all as my “Gold membership” allows me to download and test this new software .

http://forums.vso-software.fr/convertxtohd-alpha-version-t18184.html

:clap:

Sorry , before someone picks me up on this , It’s ALPHA version not “BETA” .

Thanks for the heads up mosis14. I hadn’t seen this listed anywhere.

Thanks for the info mosis14 I will have to check it out I am a Gold member too.:flower:

Obviously I am not a GOLD MEMBER, How do you become one. shower the forum with gold lol.

marty

for a mere $199.00 you can become one…I bought mine many years ago when it wasn’t as expensive.:smiley:

I got mine many years ago, as well. This is great to see them create this. Thanks for the heads up!

I got my Goldmember License in 2004 from a friend as a gift. Really good gift.

Thank’s guys,
I have always liked it as it is quite easy to use and you seem to have more control over the design of the menu templates that you can use.:cool:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2733483]I got my Goldmember License in 2004 from a friend as a gift. Really good gift.[/QUOTE]You can’t beat a Gold lifetime membership from Vso the gift that keeps giving year after year.:bow:

Hi Guys, I’m Annelise from VSO. just a quick post to tell you that you don’t need to be a Goldmember or hold a license for the software to test it. The trial version has all the feature of the full version, but it inserts a watermark in the converted video (so we advise not to burn if you dn’t want to waste a BD disk). You can always check the conversion result without burning.
more info on this Alpha version here: http://forums.vso-software.fr/convertxtohd-f53.html

[QUOTE=lilyvso;2733521]Hi Guys, I’m Annelise from VSO. just a quick post to tell you that you don’t need to be a Goldmember or hold a license for the software to test it. The trial version has all the feature of the full version, but it inserts a watermark in the converted video (so we advise not to burn if you dn’t want to waste a BD disk). You can always check the conversion result without burning.
more info on this Alpha version here: http://forums.vso-software.fr/convertxtohd-f53.html[/QUOTE]

Welcome Annelise , I will report my finding to the Bug report forum, but all in all it is a very positive start. Great product.:smiley:

The new convertxtoHD is quite impressive I like it alot.:clap:

I finally got around to trying this software. Compressing a Blu-ray rip from 23gb down to 7.5gb target, the program locked up at the 50% mark. Complete failure in encoding.

I was using the highest quality settings I could find in the program, with a two pass encode.

Out of about 7 conversions I have had 2 freeze-ups.

[QUOTE=mosis14;2735374]Out of about 7 conversions I have had 2 freeze-ups.[/QUOTE]
ConvertXtoHD is available in alpha version!

NEW version out today 8/29/14
Alpha version 1.0.0.3:
http://oasis.vso-software.fr/Beta/Conve … 0.0.3b.exe

Please post the problems you find or other comments here, we’d love to get your feedback! Thank you

ConvertXtoHD - Change Log

ConvertXtoHD - 1.0.0.3 (Released 2014-08-29) [ View Issues ]

• 0008197: [Bug] changing resize method in output tab under preview has no effect (cedric) - resolved.
  • 0008258: [Bug] do not convert to ac-3 setting does not work (cedric) - resolved.
  • 0008213: [Suggestion] default setting for video resolution should be automatic (cedric) - resolved.
  • 0008156: [Bug] File / Load Blu-ray/DVD “Load from disc” does nothing (cedric) - resolved.
  • 0008389: [Bug] compatibility for latest nvidia update (cedric) - resolved.

Thanks Alan I just updated from the old alpha version.:flower:

I updated to the newest version. 2nd conversion, using highest quality settings I could find and a 2 pass encode actually finished this time. Output was 7.5gb from 39.2gb original Blu-ray on the hard drive. I did resize down to 720p.

Encoding was very slow. Sorry I didn’t keep track of the exact time, but this was not a fast process, and the log file shows nothing about encoding times.

End result video is very soft. I was working with [I]Avatar[/I], which has some marvelously crisp, detailed CGI, and this copy does not reflect that.

When I shut down the program, I got two error messages. [I]Access violation at address 00653B83 in module ‘ConvertXtoHD.exe’. Read at address 00000010.[/I]
And [I]Exception EOS Error in Module ConvertoHD.exe at 00031D43.[/I] Operating system is Windows 8.1, fully updated

Trying to open the Blu-ray movie produced by this program crashed both Arcsoft TMT5 and TMT6. PowerDVD 13 did manage to open it and play the movie, including the basic menu, though it took two times. The first time it just hung up.

I did get the main m2ts file to open in TMT5.

By the way, MediaInfo is reporting that the video uses variable frame rate. Is this true, or is MediaInfo misreporting this specification?

I would never deliberately choose to use variable frame rate when making a Blu-ray video, or even when making mkv or mp4 files. And there doesn’t seem to be a control for this within the program.

Have reported this strange burn result to “VSO” in their forum, which Claire
informs me that they are working on. read on…

Hi,
I do not know if anybody else has reported this but when I burn a bd and then go to play it on my tv the main title menu has an orange translucent background (main film being normal) . I use for instance a “UTUBE” video as my title background with about 70% transparency and with sound either from the same source or an mp3 , eight times out of ten this happens but it does not happen with “convertxtodvd” .
hope you can help , maxi !

http://forums.vso-software.fr/convertxtohd-f53.html