I updated to the newest version. 2nd conversion, using highest quality settings I could find and a 2 pass encode actually finished this time. Output was 7.5gb from 39.2gb original Blu-ray on the hard drive. I did resize down to 720p.
Encoding was very slow. Sorry I didn’t keep track of the exact time, but this was not a fast process, and the log file shows nothing about encoding times.
End result video is very soft. I was working with [I]Avatar[/I], which has some marvelously crisp, detailed CGI, and this copy does not reflect that.
When I shut down the program, I got two error messages. [I]Access violation at address 00653B83 in module ‘ConvertXtoHD.exe’. Read at address 00000010.[/I]
And [I]Exception EOS Error in Module ConvertoHD.exe at 00031D43.[/I] Operating system is Windows 8.1, fully updated
Trying to open the Blu-ray movie produced by this program crashed both Arcsoft TMT5 and TMT6. PowerDVD 13 did manage to open it and play the movie, including the basic menu, though it took two times. The first time it just hung up.
I did get the main m2ts file to open in TMT5.