New Beta CloneCD V 5.2.7.1

I have downloaded and tryed this new beta. I will post a log file below. I just found out that it also will backup DVDs “on the fly” This is a very nice feature. I do not understand all the settings yet but it seems that when backing up DVDs the program is much slower than CloneDVD. It has an avg speed indicator and it only reaches about 11x on the read and 6x on the write with DVDs. I never knew CloneCD could backup DVds especially “on the Fly” The log is below.
I 4:19:32 PM CloneCD Version 5.2.7.1 started!
I 4:19:32 PM ElbyCDIO Driver 5.1.0.1
I 4:19:32 PM ElbyCDIO.dll 5.1.1.2
I 4:19:32 PM CCDDriver.dll 5.0.0.1
I 4:19:32 PM ElbyECC.dll 4.0.0.0
I 4:19:32 PM WriteDVD.dll 2.5.1.8
W 4:19:34 PM Registered to: UNREGISTERED
W 4:19:34 PM 21 of 21 Trial Days remaining!
I 4:19:34 PM Searching for SCSI/ATAPI devices…
I 4:19:50 PM Device Scan found 0 CD-ROMs and 3 CD-Writers!
I 4:21:03 PM Starting copy from BENQ DVD LS DW1655 to G:\My Backups\IMAGE.dvd
I 4:27:05 PM Duration of operation: 00:06:02
I 4:27:05 PM Average Speed: 11981 kBytes/s (8.88)
I 4:29:10 PM Starting copy from G:\My Backups\IMAGE.dvd to BENQ DVD LS DW1655
I 4:29:10 PM Write Speed: Maximum
I 4:29:10 PM Writing Session 1 LeadIn…
I 4:29:29 PM Writing Session 1 image file…
I 4:36:14 PM Writing Session 1 LeadOut…
I 4:36:29 PM Duration of operation: 00:07:19
I 4:36:29 PM Average Speed: 9880 kBytes/s (7.32)

Alan, you realize that you’re talking 7:19 for the entire process to complete, not just the burn time…

looks to me like it took 6:02 to copy and then 7:19 to burn…

@reasonrules: I am assuming you have this version. Would you check something because the log I posted was done in two passes. The origonal DVD was only 3.9 gig and when it was done it asked if I wanted to overburn and I press yes and then the program proceeded to burn the whole disc all over again successfully. I think that there may be a bug in the way CloneCD detects the amount of disc space available. I realized I posted this in another thread but I wanted to clarify why the times are different.

I have used CloneCD for a while now - this this latest version I can not burn to -R media!! It asks me the question about overburning or burning to end of media - no matter what you click on it then errors and aborts. However if you use +R media it will work no problem. Seems to me that there is some form of bug here!

You may have touched upon something here abrown15, I also have used dash media but I haven’t tried the + yet, I also have had the same message, it seems that the program is not calculating the disc space properly.

Hi :slight_smile:
I find that there appears to be a bug in relation to DVD-R. But although it misreports size, by agreeing to try overburning proceeds without any problem.Size of files backed up 4.24 GB.
This does not happen when using DVD+R media.
BTW The title fooled me. Whilst new I didn’t see this as a beta version as it’s on the main site.
Has anyone reported this bug?

I just made an image of a DVD movie to harddisk. Then i used a DVD-R disk to burn to.
I did not use max but changed to 4 x speed.
It burned as useal to 100 % and all went all right.
Used cloneCD 5.2.7.1 downloaded from homesite of Slysoft and updated my 5261 version.
No problems at all.
No overburn request or anything else.

I believe that the problem referred to in this post arises when DVD >DVD copy is employed. I’ve found this problem on three different pcs’ so far. Appears to happen with DVD-R only.

You are correct Zebadee, in all aspects of your post, and no I have not reported it but I think James from Slysoft reads these posts and will probably have something to say soon, there is also an interesting member named “TRU” that seems to be very knowlwdgeable when it comes to Slysoft products especially Elby based.

alan1476 the problem has been forwarded to relevant parties. :bow: Just sit back & wait. :cool: :iagree: :bigsmile:

You are a diamond Zebadee, you really are one of the best forum members :bow: here. Moderator material for sure.

Yep, you’re right!

And what version is better: 5.2.71 or 5.2.61? =))