New benq external burner?

I never seen one like this. Thinking of getting it. what do you think?

EXTERNAL USB 2.0 Benq DW1655 16X DVD+RW LightScribe

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=150139560845&rd=1&rd=1

Hi,

this is an internal DW1655 (rare now) put into an external enclosure by the vendor.

Note that these Benq drives are not very well in external enclosures. If you are lucky (depending on the chipset of the enclosure), you will reach max. 12x

Michael

I don’t care much about speed as long as I get atleast 7-8x. I care about performace, Scan results. Im looking for an external banq for someone. it’s eather this or the banq EW1621?

out of those 2 external benq which one wiould give me best results.

Hi,

But this is kind of related with the way the drive and the enclosure chipset communicate. I own a Philips DVDR1660P (same hardware as Benq DW1655 apart from Lightscribe). This drive really sucks if I install it in a GL811 based enclosure, but it is rather well if installed in my other enclosure based on Cypress AT2 chipset.

Im looking for an external banq for someone. it’s eather this or the banq EW1621?
EW162I is really old. Don’t expect any support for newer media with that. Advantage: This is an original external Benq. You might also consider (and prefer) its successor, the EW164B.

Michael

you do realize they don’t sell EW164B in the US. Atleast I don’t think they do. I checked everywhere. Whats the best burner for buring TY disks…

:iagree: