New BenQ DW1620 firmware: B7W9

vbimport

Released on 2 Sept. 2005

Download: BenQ Support or DW1620’s entry in the firmware database (also has links to bulk and patched f/w’s)

Super!
Downloading… and waiting for a RPC1 release for TDB. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Compared to B7V9 it adds 3 MIDs:

Firmware: BENQ    DVD DD DW1620   B7W9
Overall supported media types:  259
DVD+R9  supported media types:    9
  RICOHJPN D01    2.4x
DVD+R   supported media types:   90
  FTI      016    16x,12x,8x,4x
DVD-R   supported media types:  125
  FTI RG16        16x,12x,8x,4x,2x

Thanks code65536!

Looking at this new fw with MediaCodeSpeedEdit, I do not see any +R codes. WTF ???

They also fixed the slowdowns during scanning in this firmware. Now I think it’s time to crossflash my drive. =)

Thanks code65536! Can any body tell me what FTI means?
3. Supported FTI 16x DVD+R & DVD-R media.

It’s about time :wink: Thanx for the post code65536.

FANTASTIC!!! Thought the Benq 1620 firmware support was all but dried up. This should quiet down the negative talk about that. Thanks for posting this!! :slight_smile:

Yep and guess which media gets the first try in my 1620’s.:bigsmile:

You should wait until we see scans with the new fw, and if it’s below our expectation then there will be more negative talk, hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the heads up!

BenQ did keep their promise (& commitment) afterall, great.

:slight_smile:

Touche … lol. Very good point. Well, here’s to hoping for the best. :wink:

My guess is Falcon Technologies International

Just a FYI, TBD posted their patch several hours ago…

This firmware still doesn’t burn CMC AM3 code media (Memorex 16x DVD-R in this case) well, even worse than B7V9 it seems. It couldn’t even scan its own burn, which it claimed to support at 16x but only actually burned at 8x. B7V9 only actually burned at 8x when 16x was selected as well, but at least the burn was readable albeit low quality compared to burns of the same media from the same spindle on my PX-716A, ND-3500A, and DVR-109.

You crossflashing?, why burner is used?? :smiley:

Philips in his signature;

hmmm, first time I get a result that bad with that media and that burner…
MCC04 (infiniti) WOPC on:

My results with B7W9 versus B7V9 on Ricoh R03 media (Memorex +R 16x) show a 10 sec faster burn time (Nero Data Disc), but with PIE’s elevated by a factor of four, and marginally higher PIF’s–although jitter was marginally improved by about 1/3 of a percentage point.