New Audio problem for me

Just today I started having a problem with audio on DVD’s playing on my computer. Using either PowerDVD, or WinDVD, I get NO AUDIO at all, but perfect picture. However, I do get perfect sound if I play the DVD in Windows Media. I’ve never had this problem before today. I can’t for the life of me figure out why I can’t play the sound in my normal dvd software. I have updated Audio Drivers…even removed the drivers and had windows reinstall it. I know the speakers work, cause I can listen to it in Windows Media…i’m at a loss. Any help please?

Adjust the audio settings in the OS prefs.

chef,

In the Operating System Prefrences? What settings do I need to adjust? Are you talking about sounds and Audio devices in Control Panel? What should I look for specific, cause I did mess around with it a little trying different things.

Also, I CAN hear sound in .avi files using PowerDVD and WinDVD7…it’s specific to DVD’s alone.

I also just tried a DVD in an older version of WinDVD, Version 4 and it works fine. But It won’t work in version 7 Platnum. I’m sorry, but i’m just confussed and can’t get it to work whatever I try. Has this happened to anyone else before?

Click on volume and go to properties than check all and in the new wider volume bar u will see what is muted or on zero volume

I hope you have not more than 1 windvd version installed…