New armrest has a mouse pad built in

vbimport

I just posted the article New armrest has a mouse pad built in.

[quote][/quote]

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/armrest-has-mouse-pad-for-maximum-comfort-31426/](http://www.myce.com/news/armrest-has-mouse-pad-for-maximum-comfort-31426/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

That’s the dumbest thing I think I’ve seen in a long time. As soon as you swivel your chair around, or roll away from your desk, your mouse is going to fall off. So, 50 times a day you’ll be bending over to pick it up. Unless you you remember each time to place you mouse on your desk before moving your chair. Also, you left arm is now stretched out to type because you cannot get your chair close enough to your desk because of how far that thing sticks out in front. And when you need to type with both hands, both arms will be stretched out.

Lame.

[QUOTE=teh_dudeman;2529045]That’s the dumbest thing I think I’ve seen in a long time. As soon as you swivel your chair around, or roll away from your desk, your mouse is going to fall off. So, 50 times a day you’ll be bending over to pick it up. Unless you you remember each time to place you mouse on your desk before moving your chair. Also, you left arm is now stretched out to type because you cannot get your chair close enough to your desk because of how far that thing sticks out in front. And when you need to type with both hands, both arms will be stretched out.

Lame.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I kinda agree. A better design would of been to have a USB port built into the armrest for the mouse to plug into and then a long USB cord to tie the armrests’ port into your system (or maybe a built-in wireless dongle/ adapter). That way you could get up from your chair without having to think about removing the mouse before you got up. Another solution for the current design is to have a wireless or bluetooth mouse instead of the corded one.

Nothing will correct for the length of the armrest bumping into the desk or putting your arms in an unnatural typing position though except maybe a text to speech app . :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=teh_dudeman;2529045]That’s the dumbest thing I think I’ve seen in a long time. As soon as you swivel your chair around, or roll away from your desk, your mouse is going to fall off. So, 50 times a day you’ll be bending over to pick it up. Unless you you remember each time to place you mouse on your desk before moving your chair. Also, you left arm is now stretched out to type because you cannot get your chair close enough to your desk because of how far that thing sticks out in front. And when you need to type with both hands, both arms will be stretched out.

Lame.[/QUOTE]
OMFG! You still use a corded mouse?