New AnyDVD (HD) Beta enables Cinavia fix by default

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: New AnyDVD (HD) Beta enables Cinavia fix by default[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2012/07/boxshot_anydvd.gif[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/new-anydvd-hd-beta-enables-cinavia-fix-by-default-70944

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

They will keep adding features and make this the go to decrypter for those that backup the DVDs and Blurays they already own. Its a great way to keep your collection scratch free.

What I do not understand Is where AnyDVD removes Cinavia? Please help me out. This is just a simple process hooking. It do not work on MAC, PS3, PS4, Blu-ray Player, it is just a Windows software that disable the detection DLL. So it removes nothing.

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2723472]What I do not understand Is where AnyDVD removes Cinavia? Please help me out. This is just a simple process hooking. It do not work on MAC, PS3, PS4, Blu-ray Player, it is just a Windows software that disable the detection DLL. So it removes nothing.[/QUOTE]

Hi :slight_smile:
Simply prevents the software from seeing/detecting cinavia.
So , yes you are right.
It removes nothing.

I thought I overslept something :wink:

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2723478]I thought I overslept something ;)[/QUOTE]
No you can watch Cinavia Protected movies using the major software Movie players like Cyberlink and TMT without seeing Cinavia, it wont help you on your TV. I think it will disable the trigger on most of the players, I am just guess that’s how it works but in a nutshell, it works on your computer.

It especially doesn’t remove the HD audio track(s). Downgrading DTS Master to some highly compressed low bitrate AAC or AC3 track to me is not a great solution either.

With an HTPC linked to your TV, this solution from AnyDVD HD works very well for playback of Cinavia infected movies. But it is just one more variation of whack-a-mole that the decryption programs are playing with the DRM placed on movies. The software players are adjusted, so the decryption programs move to counter those adjustments. Not a permanent solution in other words.

I have an older version of TMT 5, released before Cinavia was enabled in that program, and refuse to update it. Playing from ripped files, it is an excellent answer to the problem. At least as long as Blu-ray decryption/ripping programs still exist.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2723494]With an HTPC linked to your TV, this solution from AnyDVD HD works very well for playback of Cinavia infected movies. But it is just one more variation of whack-a-mole that the decryption programs are playing with the DRM placed on movies. The software players are adjusted, so the decryption programs move to counter those adjustments. Not a permanent solution in other words.

I have an older version of TMT 5, released before Cinavia was enabled in that program, and refuse to update it. Playing from ripped files, it is an excellent answer to the problem. At least as long as Blu-ray decryption/ripping programs still exist.[/QUOTE]

I also have TMT 5.3 and refuse to update it LOL.:iagree:

Excuse the newbie question, but does this require a so-called “binding nonce generation”-supported BD writer like with the DVDFab Cinavia fix?

[QUOTE=comisee;2723880]Excuse the newbie question, but does this require a so-called “binding nonce generation”-supported BD writer like with the DVDFab Cinavia fix?[/QUOTE]

No.

This fix for the software players is within AnyDVD HD, and you let the program run in the background when you play a Blu-ray movie with Cinavia on your computer. AnyDVD HD disables the Cinavia detection within the player software.

This should work with the latest versions of Arcsoft TMT 6, PowerDVD and WinDVD.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2723882]No.

This fix for the software players is within AnyDVD HD, and you let the program run in the background when you play a Blu-ray movie with Cinavia on your computer. AnyDVD HD disables the Cinavia detection within the player software.

This should work with the latest versions of Arcsoft TMT 6, PowerDVD and WinDVD.[/QUOTE]
Thank you. That’s interesting. So AnyDVD HD disables Cinavia during BD playback while DVDFab disables Cinavia during BD authoring. Seems like DVDFab would be the better solution if not for the fact that only a limited number of burners can do it (and that the future of DVDFab is possibly in limbo).

[QUOTE=comisee;2723947]Thank you. That’s interesting. So AnyDVD HD disables Cinavia during BD playback while DVDFab disables Cinavia during BD authoring. Seems like DVDFab would be the better solution if not for the fact that only a limited number of burners can do it (and that the future of DVDFab is possibly in limbo).[/QUOTE]

DVDFab’s way around Cinavia only works on older PS3s using an old firmware by using a loophole/oversight. This has been plugged. DVDFab’s method required specific Blu-Ray burners that had a feature which not all do. So, the method worked on a limited number of standalone devices - just the PS3, required that you could not update your PS3 which meant you would wind up with issues if you play games online, and you had to have a specific Blu-Ray burner. That’s a bit of a hassle to put it mildly.

The AnyDVD method works with every Blu-Ray licensed software player that I am aware of (ie PowerDVD, Arcsoft TMT, etc). As new updates are released Slysoft updates the feature if a problem arises (ie the latest Arcsoft TMT 6 release).

In short, you really can’t compare the two solutions but Slysoft’s workaround allows much more freedom.

[QUOTE=DrinkLyeAndDie;2723956]DVDFab’s way around Cinavia only works on older PS3s using an old firmware by using a loophole/oversight. This has been plugged. DVDFab’s method required specific Blu-Ray burners that had a feature which not all do. So, the method worked on a limited number of standalone devices - just the PS3, required that you could not update your PS3 which meant you would wind up with issues if you play games online, and you had to have a specific Blu-Ray burner. That’s a bit of a hassle to put it mildly.

The [U]AnyDVD[/U] method works with every Blu-Ray licensed software player that I am aware of (ie PowerDVD, Arcsoft TMT, etc). As new updates are released [U]Slysoft[/U] updates the feature if a problem arises (ie the latest Arcsoft TMT 6 release).

In short, you really can’t compare the two solutions but Slysoft’s workaround allows much more freedom.[/QUOTE]
I wasn’t aware that DVDFab’s method was intended only for playback on the PS3. PS3 wasn’t even mentioned in that thread and I don’t have a PS3. I was intent on buying a binding nonce generation-supported BD writer, but now that I know about AnyDVD HD, it seems like that feature is not as important. AnyDVD HD’s method sounds much more convenient. Thanks!

[QUOTE=comisee;2724048]I wasn’t aware that DVDFab’s method was intended only for playback on the PS3. PS3 wasn’t even mentioned in that thread and I don’t have a PS3. I was intent on buying a binding nonce generation-supported BD writer, but now that I know about AnyDVD HD, it seems like that feature is not as important. AnyDVD HD’s method sounds much more convenient. Thanks![/QUOTE]

The DVDFab solution involved creating a BDMV-REC backup. This was a burned backup disc that was a AACS protected recordable BDMV. The burner used to create the backup had to support binding nonce generation. The list is limited. The only standalone player that could play these backups was the PS3 and once updated past the 4.00 firmware the solution was rendered obsolete.

Big picture: The DVDFab workaround only worked on a single standalone device when it worked. The AnyDVD workaround won’t work on any standalone device but it does support all major licensed Blu-Ray players and continues to work. So, if you have an HTPC it works beautifully.

[QUOTE=DrinkLyeAndDie;2724051]The only standalone player that could play these backups was the PS3 and once updated past the 4.00 firmware the solution was rendered obsolete.

Big picture: The DVDFab workaround only worked on a single standalone device when it worked.[/QUOTE]

Although the PS3 was the most widely used device BDMV-REC actually worked on certain standalones as well. The ones I’m aware of include the Pioneer BDP-V6000, Marantz UD5005LG, Sony BDP550, and Denon DBP-1611UD but there are more.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2724134]Although the PS3 was the most widely used device BDMV-REC actually worked on certain standalones as well. The ones I’m aware of include the Pioneer BDP-V6000, Marantz UD5005LG, Sony BDP550, and Denon DBP-1611UD but there are more.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification. I have never seen an actual list. Nonetheless, it’s pretty short list of players when you look at how many different licensed standalone players exist. It was only ever really a temporary band-aid workaround.