New AnyDVD, CloneDVD, CloneCD, Virtual CloneDrive

vbimport

Together with Elaborate Bytes AG we have created new versions of all our products. These are “beta” versions, but I don’t expect any problems. If you encounter problems, please contact support(at)slysoft.com, bugs(at)elby.ch or post them here.

You can download them here:

AnyDVD 5.0.0.0
http://update.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD5000.exe

CloneDVD 2.8.0.0
http://update.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD2800.exe

CloneCD 5.2.0.0:
http://update.slysoft.com/SetupCloneCD5200.exe

Virtual CloneDrive 5.1.0.0:
http://update.slysoft.com/SetupVirtualCloneDrive5100.exe

The major change is the support of 64-bit Windows XP.

Here are the complete changelogs:

AnyDVD Version 5.0.0.0, 2005 04 12

• New: Added support for 64-bit Windows XP
  • Change: ElbyCDIO rewritten from scratch to have unified
    drivers for 32 and 64 bit Windows
    Compatibility with third party IDE drivers should be improved
  • Fix: Brute force CSS key cracking, fixes not correctly
    retrieved CSS keys with some titles and drives, causing
    “Clone 1” errors with CloneDVD or garbled playback.
  • Some minor fixes and improvements

CloneDVD Version 2.8.0.0: 2005 04 12

• Fix: CloneDVD did not have “Windows XP look” on Windows
    Server 2003 and Windows XP64
  • Some minor changes and improvements
  • Updated languages

CloneCD 5.2.0.0 2005-4-12

• Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

Virtual CloneDrive 5.1.0.0: 2005 04 12

• New: Refuses to install on 64 bit Windows
  • Some minor changes and improvements
  • Updated languages

great news! hope clonedrive can be fixed soon.

Wow James, great news! :rolleyes:
Thanks Slysoft and Elaborate Bytes! :bow:

ET

Both work great- and Clonedvd now has a 60 day free trial built-in. Anydvd doesn’t, darn it. Thanks anyway.

Ive run into a problem with anydvd and nero not playing nice together, this is the first error I get after I install anydvd and then restart:

Now it’s not affected the ability to copy a movie yet, I can copy a dvd just fine until I shut down and restart again and then get this error.

and then anydvd fails to work anymore, the taskbar icon is still there but when you put a movie in clonedvd you get the copy protection warning and anydvd just isn’t working.

Like I said I can ignore the first error and everything is fine, but I can’t ignore the second error.

And the process repeats after un-install and re-install same errors.

Since I can’t post these images to slysoft I filled out the contact form and linked them to this thread.

will my 2.7.5.1 key work with this newer cloneDVD version???

kamikazee, did you reboot after uninstalling? You need to uninstall anydvd, reboot, then reinstall, and reboot again.

Please read my post more carefully, you’ll see the answer for what you asked

And the process repeats after un-install and re-install same errors.

Yes i’m quoting myself, the error repeats after installing, shutdown un-installing, restart, installing, restart, un-installing, restart, the problem continues in that order
and here’s whats in the logs

And by the way every time I start up now I get the anydvd warning not finding a dvd drive.

Sorry, I can’t see the picture of the error message… :confused:

Okay, now I see it! Are you running 32bit or 64bit Windows?

I suggest you delete NeroCheck.exe, or you remove it from you run entry in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Run/NeroCheck

It usually does more harm than help.

I can reproduce this problem on Windows XP64. The reason is a problem in NeroCheck.exe. It looks, if all CD/DVD-ROM Filter drivers are present and correctly installed. But NeroCheck.exe is a 32 bit application. It looks in WINDOWS/System32/Drivers, but due to the WOW64 redirector it really looks in WINDOWS/SysWOW64/Drivers.
The new 64 bit versions of AnyDVD.sys, ElbyCDFL.sys and ElbyDelay.sys are installed in the “real” WINDOWS/System32/Drivers directory of course, so NeroCheck does not see them.

There are three ways how to solve this:
1.) Wait for un updated version of Nero. Well, not really an option. :wink:
However, I will contact Nero and report this problem. Do they “officially” claim support for Windows XP64?
2.) Change the elby/SlySoft installer to delete NeroCheck on 64 bit Windows. I kinda like this idea, but as soon as you install a Nero update, NeroCheck will mess up your registry again.
3.) Install placebo files of AnyDVD.sys, ElbyCDFL.sys and ElbyDelay.sys into Windows\SysWOW64\Drivers just to keep NeroCheck.exe happy. Argh! I hate this idea, but this will probably be the safest workaround.

To fix your problem for the time being, you can either:

1.) Delete Windows\Syswow64\NeroCheck.exe (It doesn’t work on 64 bit systems anyway!)
2.) Copy AnyDVD.sys, ElbyCDFL.sys and ElbyDelay.sys from Windows\System32\Drivers to Windows\SysWow64\Drivers

Olli,
the string value is called NeroFilterCheck, just to be fair w U

Thanks for the update Slysoft and all that worked on it. I’m amazed at the fantastic effort you guys put in to this brilliant software. AnyDVD and CloneDVD have always worked for all the backups I have made. To be able to see exactly what you want to remove and what you want to keep is great, fast and so easy to use.

And a big thanks to Olli for the help on this forum.

If all software companies I use, were as caring for their customers as you, wow, would that make life easy! :slight_smile:

Oops, I was quoting from memory! But on 64 bit Windows the registry path is different anyway, so it doesn’t really matter…

Why does everybody write these never really working driver checks?
NeroCheck, PinnacleCheck, yes, there even was the famous elbyCheck :slight_smile: (which probably would have failed on XP64 in the same way as NeroCheck does)

You’re welcome!

If this key purchased from Elaborate Bytes or SlySoft should be worked
:slight_smile:

thanks Olli I’ll get to fixin it, done and runnin, without error now, a big thanks.

Then it’s high time for an upgrade, LOL.

sorry i have a dumb question here. what is the difference between 32 bit and 64 bit windows xp?
also the versions of anydvd and clonedvd are working fine, do i need to upgrade? im afraid if i do i might run into problems…

You should update, as a serious bug in AnyDVD has been fixed (read the changelogs… :slight_smile: )

Two different operating systems. 64 bit Windows XP will be released this month. It requires 64 Bit processors (AMD64) to run.