New anti-piracy checks on Terminator 2 DVD

I just posted the article New anti-piracy checks on Terminator 2 DVD.

Cnet Asia reports that a re-issue of the Terminator
2 DVD contains a new copy protection based on Microsofts Windows Media Digital
Rights Management. The protection is pretty restrictive and…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6159-New-anti-piracy-checks-on-Terminator-2-DVD.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6159-New-anti-piracy-checks-on-Terminator-2-DVD.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Next thing you know, I’ll need an internet connection and a special license just to to the bathroom. Someone crack this please!

i heard that an intercontinental call is enough to viewthe HD movie… i’m not really happy about this exploit, but i think i’ll use it one of these days…

In not 100% clear, but what happens with the dial-up users who when going to watch the movie? Do they have to connect to the internet to get a licence before watching the movie? It seems a bit ridiculous to me.
[edited by Savannah on 03.07.2003 15:30]

The worst thing is it’s coded to media player 9, what about those of us that don’t use MP9?

“The worst thing is it’s coded to media player 9, what about those of us that don’t use MP9?” Actually it uses the stupid Interactive DVD player software from the disc. I have heard some people outside teh US call a free US ISP and if the IP is in the US it will give you a license, otherwise you can’t watch it outside Region 1.

…and you’d want to sit and watch it on your computer for what reason? I’ll stick with my £8Ks worth of TV & surround sound kit thanks…

…and ofcourse the Linux users are obligated to pay the Microsoft tax again… gagh

:c Bill Gates is at it again !!! damn you, damn you all to hell!!!:frowning:

“…and ofcourse the Linux users are obligated to pay the Microsoft tax again… gagh” At least they put minimum requirements on the package to read before you buy it. “…and you’d want to sit and watch it on your computer for what reason? I’ll stick with my £8Ks worth of TV & surround sound kit thanks…” I used a DVI cable to watch it on my HDTV.

You go on a plane for a vacation, ready to watch your new movie in High Definition: Internet connectoin not available… Oops. It’s bad enough remembering to bring with credit cards, passport, etc. and not having to mention to dialup an internet connection to get a license to watch a movie before heading!! Then a week later, you return by plane. Oops: Your 5 day license expired… :frowning: Back to the good trusty DVD version :d

well I personally will NEVER buy a legitemate DVD that treats me like a two year old child, so if you want to force me into buying Pirate DVDs (something I never do due to the quality) then WAY TO GO ARSEHOLES

[I]The protection also checks if only one person is viewing the movie, if someone else with the same movie tries to connect he will not be able to view it, this to prevent illegal copying.[/I] THE F**K??? Um yea, I want to let my friend borrow the DVD I have, but let’s just assume everyone who lets other people borrow DVDs are criminals. OMGWTFBBQ

Ok well what about the people who don’t have a net connection and use there pc’s to watch DVD’s there screwed what a bloody lame idea this is having to get a license to what a film you’ve purchased what a bunch of wankers

you know what guys they are trying to get people to stop piracy,lets say ok,why the hell dont they drop their damn prices that are sky hi so people wont resort to other means,i think they are the crooks that want to monopolize the who world with their bul@#$^!!if u go out to buy a pc game or any other format for that reason have u guys seen the damn prices,i think that its ridiculous…i got 2 boys and now they want games,its hard to raise kids and get them the latest games,so what is the average jo blo do???lower the damn prices and then we can talk…for now speak when you are spoken to.!!

Laptops aren’t allowed (to be used) on a plane, problem solved…

Where does it say you can’ t borrow the DVD to someone, you just can’t give a copy to a friend and watch it the same time.
[edited by Orgasmatron on 04.07.2003 06:52]

Why not use an anonymous proxy from the US, then you can connect from Europe and the remote server will see the US Proxy’s IP.

Lets rename the RIAA as the MOB and the Elected Reps on Capital Hill as the bent cops and the Supreme Court as Microshaft…Why?..Because its nice to live in a Facist/ Non-digital age. COME THE REVOLUTION! Citizen Smith, Totting High Street, London.:d

uh… which airline do you go on & WTF is wrong with them? Every airline i’ve ever been on allows ppl to use laptops!:stuck_out_tongue: