New Alcohol 120%

When is a new version of Alcohol 120% planned?

It’s almost three weeks ago that the last version has been released.

Yes they are working on new version. I think that it can be ready in next two weeks :cool:

Any idea/info about the new improvements/ adjustments/ possibilities?

Maybe we can copy Tagès with this new release!

Originally posted by Namoh
Maybe we can copy Tagès with this new release!

Not a chance. There are more important things for MarTinX to do than worry about copying the european version of MotoRacer III (which remains and, no doubt, always will remain the only cd using that prot).

In next release there will be a surprise (i can’t say more)

Alright, we just have to wait.

@Luciano What about the Dutch translation of Alcoholer?
I volunteert and registered to the Alcohol Forum, but haven’t heard anything, yet!! :confused: :confused:

you have a pm

All we can say is that the new Alcohol version will kick ass :bigsmile:

Yes yes we cant say anything :bigsmile:

with the mention of the next version that’s gonna kick ass, it’s makin me drool :smiley:

Soon… soon… And yes it will make you happy…

The new Alcohol version will come out in a few days :wink:

Originally posted by vio_man
The new Alcohol version will come out in a few days :wink:

woo hoo! :bow:

New version with Dutch translation :bigsmile:

Man, these news make me anxious :bigsmile: i’m excited what it will be and what one can still make better but we just gotta wait i guess. thx dudes

Will the new features have something to do with SECUROM 4.8?
I hope new Alcohol will copy it without emulation!

No, I can confirm that Alcohol 120% backups SecuROM 4.8x using RMPS emulation. It’s not possible to create SecuROM 4.8x 1:1 backups, but you can use the TwinPeak method or an older BlindWrite version and you might get a working copy.

you can use the TwinPeak method or an older BlindWrite version and you might get a working copy.

Actually the twinpeak method works with the majority of dvds and cdrws. If you only have toshiba or plextor reading devices then you may need a separate installation copy but you probably won’t need one with any Lite-on dvd or cdrw (they’re quite tolerant of the twinsectors). :slight_smile:

Yes, it works with almost all drives. But that method can be blacklisted anytime.

But that method can be blacklisted anytime.

Maybe, but it hasn’t happened yet so perhaps blacklisting it isn’t as simple as some would have you believe. Alternatively, it may be that sony isn’t all that concerned about twinpeak copies since only rarely is it possible to copy the copy successfully (unless, of couse, you retained the original bwa file).

Remember that in blacklisting that (or any other method) they have to make sure that originals will still run or they’ll have a repeat of the Neverwinter Nights 1.21 fiasco which cost them Bioware as a customer.

Consider too that there is no reason to suppose that RMPS (and blindwrite’s autoplay) emulation won’t be blacklisted by future versions of securom. In fact, given that both alcohol’s and daemon tools’ virtual drives are blacklisted by each new version of securom, it’s practically certain that RMPS emulation will be targeted (and probably sooner rather than later).

[Back on topic: next version of alcohol is near to release and, as other beta testers/translators have indicated above, will have a significant new feature in addition to the expected updates to overcome blacklisting of its virtual drive by the latest securom releases. However, that new feature does not relate in any way to securom.]