New 9cell battery and laptop won't start issue

vbimport

Hi everybody,

I bought a new 9cell battery from eBay (link) for my old and trustworthy Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li2727 laptop, since the 5 year old original I have only lasts for a half an hour these days.

The problem that I have is that when I use the new battery the laptop opens but gets stuck in the initial BIOS boot screen (where the CPU, memory check and drives are seen) with no error whatsoever. It just gets stuck there and doesn’t move on to loading windows.

When I use the cable or my old battery to boot, everything is fine. When I use the new battery after booting into windows, or even after just passing the first BIOS screen, the new battery works fine and lasts a good 3 1/2 hours.

The company has suggested that I return the battery if I wanna, but somehow it feels like it is not the battery’s fault and that I will have the same issue with the replacement. I am using the latest BIOS version available for the laptop.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

You can try this " Power On F2 into Bios >F9 Load Defaults> F10 Save and Exit > Enter" Do this with no battery installed, after you are done shut it down install the new battery and boot with ac and battery.

Well I’ve tried this as well as searching for any other options in BIOS remotely related to this issue but could not find anything.

Could it be the fault of the battery? Then how does it work well after booting? Maybe it could be a fail-safe from Fujitsu against non-original batteries in general or a faulty battery not giving correct voltage parameters or something but it it sounds to me a bit unlikely. Besides I have checked the voltages with a software in windows and the difference with the original is negligible.

[QUOTE=Hemispasm;2628643]Hi everybody,

I bought a new 9cell battery from eBay (link) for my old and trustworthy Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li2727 laptop, since the 5 year old original I have only lasts for a half an hour these days.

The problem that I have is that when I use the new battery the laptop opens but gets stuck in the initial BIOS boot screen (where the CPU, memory check and drives are seen) with no error whatsoever. It just gets stuck there and doesn’t move on to loading windows.

When I use the cable or my old battery to boot, everything is fine. When I use the new battery after booting into windows, or even after just passing the first BIOS screen, the new battery works fine and lasts a good 3 1/2 hours.

The company has suggested that I return the battery if I wanna, but somehow it feels like it is not the battery’s fault and that I will have the same issue with the replacement. I am using the latest BIOS version available for the laptop.

Any ideas on how to fix this?[/QUOTE]

Are you sure the part number of the replacement battery matches up to your old OEM battery? I know ebay is notorious for selling hard to find stuff but you might want before going to ebay look on Amazon to see if they had the battery match before buying on ebay. I bought a used 6 month battery for my Gateway P-6860FX and it worked but you never know. I would double check the part number to make sure they match. But from what your describing it sounds like the battery was bad? So can you tell us more info on the battery that you bought through eBay? ie how old or used how much or where it was made? What O/S are you using as well? And if it is the fault of the battery get a refund and buy another battery from a different source in eBay that more closer to your part number of the OEM battery that is the only way to at least match your battery specs. Could be their specs doesn’t match up with your laptop requirements and that in itself could be causing power usage problems??? Check the voltage and current rating of your old compared to the new and see what they say or don’t say. That should be your guideline to knowing how to match your battery specs.

Since the problem is not present with the old, burn worn original battery, it’s most likely the new not-original battery. Return either for a replacement or full refund.

Michael

[QUOTE=Hemispasm;2628661]Well I’ve tried this as well as searching for any other options in BIOS remotely related to this issue but could not find anything.

Could it be the fault of the battery? Then how does it work well after booting? Maybe it could be a fail-safe from Fujitsu against non-original batteries in general or a faulty battery not giving correct voltage parameters or something but it it sounds to me a bit unlikely. Besides I have checked the voltages with a software in windows and the difference with the original is negligible.[/QUOTE]

Don’t know if it’s the same with Fujitsu or not but some manufacturers chip their batteries these days to try and force users to buy an original battery so it could be a faulty chip.

Dell in particular are notorious for this to the extent that I couldn’t get their own replacement battery to work with my wife’s pretty old laptop.

Dell were appalling regarding sorting this and insisted that the battery was fine saying that it was a fault with the motherboard battery detection circuit.

I ended up buying a non-Dell compatible version that was correctly chipped and it worked fine. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2628715]Are you sure the part number of the replacement battery matches up to your old OEM battery? I know ebay is notorious for selling hard to find stuff but you might want before going to ebay look on Amazon to see if they had the battery match before buying on ebay. I bought a used 6 month battery for my Gateway P-6860FX and it worked but you never know. I would double check the part number to make sure they match. But from what your describing it sounds like the battery was bad? So can you tell us more info on the battery that you bought through eBay? ie how old or used how much or where it was made? What O/S are you using as well? And if it is the fault of the battery get a refund and buy another battery from a different source in eBay that more closer to your part number of the OEM battery that is the only way to at least match your battery specs. Could be their specs doesn’t match up with your laptop requirements and that in itself could be causing power usage problems??? Check the voltage and current rating of your old compared to the new and see what they say or don’t say. That should be your guideline to knowing how to match your battery specs.[/QUOTE]
Thanx coolcolors for your input. Most of the info I have already mentioned or included in the link to the battery.

Since the problem is not present with the old, burn worn original battery, it’s most likely the new not-original battery. Return either for a replacement or full refund.

Michael
I agree Michael, logic says it must be the battery. I am just baffled by the fact that the battery works fine when I get past the first bios screen.

[QUOTE=Wombler;2628849]Don’t know if it’s the same with Fujitsu or not but some manufacturers chip their batteries these days to try and force users to buy an original battery so it could be a faulty chip.

Dell in particular are notorious for this to the extent that I couldn’t get their own replacement battery to work with my wife’s pretty old laptop.

Dell were appalling regarding sorting this and insisted that the battery was fine saying that it was a fault with the motherboard battery detection circuit.

I ended up buying a non-Dell compatible version that was correctly chipped and it worked fine. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]Hey that would actually make sense! So the battery [I]per se[/I] could be ok, but it could be faulty chipped. The guys selling it should have been aware of this possibility however, since it should occur from time to time. When I described the problem, they were as baffled as me. Anyways, I will return it and see what happens.

[QUOTE=Hemispasm;2628850]Thanx coolcolors for your input. Most of the info I have already mentioned or included in the link to the battery.

I agree Michael, logic says it must be the battery. I am just baffled by the fact that the battery works fine when I get past the first bios screen.[/QUOTE]

That’s good to know but as others have said battery can go bad for no reason whatsoever and it could be brand new. I always have a hesitation when buying a non brand or OEM that doesn’t exactly match the specs from the battery it replaces or doesn’t match the Factory specs from the manufacture of the laptop. I bought through Amazon various laptop battery and have three that work and six that didn’t work. So it was a hit and miss there as well.

Change bios settings to include quote Thorough boot instead of Quick
Inserted the battery, and ran on battery mode until the computer ran out of power. The sucker runs red after some time Red-flashing-battery-symbol LED and everything.
Now that the laptop is off, insert the new battery after full charging it back in, and boot.
Now it decides to boot just fine.
if still the problem persists then contact the services center or the dealer from where you have purchased the battery