I didn’t figure this out, just typed it up in a friendly format. Here’s the thread where the original solution was posted by a user called sashko.
How to update the firmware for the Verbatim 48x12x48 if it’s an
Download the firmware for the Aopen CRW4048
Download the firmware for the Aopen CRW4850
These are self extracting zip files so if you don’t have Winzip,
get it and unzip these to files to a temp directory.
You should have 4 files in the temp directory:
- Run RFlash(AO).exe
- Select the Verbatim drive in the Target Drive drop down list.
- Select the 40x_r107.bin as the Source File
- Optional- check the box to back up the current firmware.
- Click the Next button, but don’t click Start yet.
- Don’t close RFlash and go to the temp directory and rename
40x_r107.bin to 40x_r107.bak
- Rename the 48x_r104.bin file to 40x_r107.bin
- Go back to RFlash and click Start
- Reboot the computer when it’s done and you should have and Aopen CRW4850 with the latest firmware.
If you want to update the firmware in the future, you should not
have to go through these steps, just use the firmware from Aopen.
I do not take any responsibility if this does not work for you. I tried it and it worked for me, good luck!