Further down I posted the first CDSpeed scans from my new GSA-4163B. They were, in a word, blecch! Someone on another forum pointed out that they, too, have been having trouble lately w/Verbatim/MCC 003 media burned at or faster than their rated speed.
When I did the first CDSpeed “Create Data Disk”, I didn’t stop to think that CDSpeed was going as fast as the hardware was rated. After the other person’s comment about MCC 003 media, however, I went back in and forced CDSpeed to write at 4x max (the disks are rated at 8x). I always burn my movies at 1/2 the media’s rated speed, and usually get good results, so I thought I’d try it here.