New 2500A firmware?

vbimport

#1

I just buy 2 units of NEC 2500A DVD burner

1 Unit is using Firmware Version 1.7!!!

But the unit is without ear phone jack and volume tuninng at the front panel.

Anyone can verify this firmware version?

Drive Information

Drive : _NEC DVD_RW ND-2500A
Type : DVD-R/RW Combo Drive
Firmware Version : 1.70
Buffer Size : 2 MB
Date : ?
Serial Number
Vendor Specific : 04011600
Drive Letter : F:
Location : 0:1
Mechanism : Tray
Read Speed : 40, 32, 24, 20, 16, 10, 8, 4 X
Write Speed : 32, 24, 20, 16, 8, 4 X

Read CD Text : Yes
Return C2 Pointers : Yes
Read CD-R : Yes
Read CD-RW : Yes
Read DVD-ROM : Yes
Read DVD-RAM : No
Read DVD-R : Yes
Read DVD-RW : Yes
Read DVD+R : Yes
Read DVD+RW : Yes
Read Digital Audio : Yes
Read CD+G : Yes
Read VideoCD : Yes

Write CD-R : Yes
Write CD-RW : Yes
Write DVD-R : Yes
Write DVD-RW : Yes
Write DVD+R : Yes
Write DVD+RW : Yes
Write DVD-RAM : No
Buffer Underrun Protection : Yes
Mount Rainier : No
Modes : Packet, TAO, DAO, SAO, RAW SAO, RAW SAO 96, RAW DAO 96

Region Protection Control : RPC II
Region : None
Changes User : 5
Changes Vendor : 4


#2

Please make a backup of your firmware, so I can investigate it!


#3

Hello:

Thanks moderator to move my post(I post 2 same post cause i press refresh while in the process of posting) Sorry for that.

Actually i want to return this unit cause it got no earphone jack and volumn control in front.

I am new to NEC DVD burner. Nice to meet u all
:slight_smile:

Another question is I got 2 DVD unit on my PC, I got a problem here. How to set 2 units to burn in WinXP Pro? Now I can only set one drive to burn ( the other drive will be change to not record able in WIN XP by auto)


#4

Originally posted by Herrie
Please make a backup of your firmware, so I can investigate it!

How to back up? I am new here :o


#5

Originally posted by Ree
How to back up? I am new here :o

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93863


#6

I am curious to see what this official 1.7 firmware has to offer. :rolleyes:


#7

Welcome to the forum!
I’m anxious to see what this 1.7 firmware holds for us… :bigsmile:


#8

Your computer has Earphone and volume. Why do you need to have one on the DVD?

I NEVER use the one om my CD/DVD-ROM’s. I always use the computer to hear my music…

Originally posted by Ree
[B]I just buy 2 units of NEC 2500A DVD burner

1 Unit is using Firmware Version 1.7!!!

But the unit is without ear phone jack and volume tuninng at the front panel.

[/B]


#9

Originally posted by SoMoney
[B]Your computer has Earphone and volume. Why do you need to have one on the DVD?

I NEVER use the one om my CD/DVD-ROM’s. I always use the computer to hear my music… [/B]

Ok, I ask u a simple question. If u pay for the same price for both same model and found out that the other lack of this and that. Will u go for it? A simple question…:bigsmile:


#10

ok done. The file near to 1mb!!!. who want it?


#11

Originally posted by Ree
ok done. The file near to 1mb!!!. who want it?

Please ZIP or RAR it and mail it to


#12

Originally posted by Herrie
Please ZIP or RAR it and mail it to ree@herrie.org :slight_smile:

Oki, no problem:bigsmile:


#13

Receive my email? Have a look and tell us what changes it make from version 1.06 to 1.7!!!

I am from malaysia and the factory is here too. I think i got the latest unit!!!:bigsmile:


#14

Wow, so many ppl browse my thread!!! But the latest model does not have front panel volumn tunning and ear phone plug in:confused:


#15

Originally posted by Ree
Wow, so many ppl browse my thread!!! But the latest model does not have front panel volumn tunning and ear phone plug in:confused:

Actually, mine also doesn’t have the headphone jack and the volume control. It was manufactured back in Jan. 2004. I bought it in HK a couple of months ago and it’s sold as an OEM “bulk” drive. Came in a plain white box. No biggie though. I don’t use both features anyway. :slight_smile: Ultimately, I’m more interested in the write quality of the drive (which is excellent!). :wink:


#16

Many bulk or OEM drives, (all brands), have blank face plates. They are made that way for OEM computer makers. Cheap and simple.


#17

Added DVD-R support compared to 1.06:
[AUVISTARM01 ]
[Auvistar ]
[FORNEX101 ]
[Dvsn A001 ]
[DATA TRACK ]
[DKM_01 ]
[INFODISC-R01]
[MUST 001 ]
[LONGTEN 009 ]
[NAN YA A01 ]
[TAROKO-MX4 ]

That seems to be it :frowning: No extra +R(W) or –RW support :(. TDK 1.33 seems to offer more media support then this one. I believe this is the OEM-version of the drive!


#18

Originally posted by Herrie
[B]Added DVD-R support compared to 1.06:
[AUVISTARM01 ]
[Auvistar ]
[FORNEX101 ]
[Dvsn A001 ]
[DATA TRACK ]
[DKM_01 ]
[INFODISC-R01]
[MUST 001 ]
[LONGTEN 009 ]
[NAN YA A01 ]
[TAROKO-MX4 ]

That seems to be it :frowning: No extra +R(W) or –RW support :(. TDK 1.33 seems to offer more media support then this one. I believe this is the OEM-version of the drive! [/B]

so are you basing your beta 8 from tdk?


#19

Originally posted by Jamos
so are you basing your beta 8 from tdk?

No, on HP 1.24, since TDK 1.33 doesn’t support bitsetting :frowning: I’ll release a TDK 1.33 based firmware though with some speeded up media for the 2500A :wink:


#20

Originally posted by Herrie
No, on HP 1.24, since TDK 1.33 doesn’t support bitsetting :frowning: I’ll release a TDK 1.33 based firmware though with some speeded up media for the 2500A :wink:

great thanks herrie since i use my benq for bitsetting ill be fine with the 1.33 version if its more compatable with media and has better speed for DVD-R burns!