New 20x Optiarc drives out soon

In some shops and on several price comparison sites, I just noticed some new drives today. Mentioned were a 5200A, 7200A, 7200S, 7201A, 7203A and 7203S. The Optiarc AD-7201A is said to feature Lightscribe while the Optiarc AD-7203A has Labelflash. The Optiarc AD-5200A is without DVD-RAM support. It is still unclear what hardware is used. Labelflash would indicate NEC/Optiarc again, but Lightscribe does not. So let’s wait for the first people to have these drives.

The Optiarc AD-7200A - with a black bezel only - even seems to be available in some shops already.

Cool I can’t wait to see these baby’s!

Everyone knows Monkey Island gets all the good drives first :bigsmile:

[I]Off topic.[/I][QUOTE=rolling56;1939158]Everyone knows Monkey Island gets all the good drives first :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]Yeah, but nowdays they can get whatever crap. “NEC’s” are not what they once were. :smiley:

Still have my favorite drive ND-3500 up and running in our home network server.

[QUOTE=pinto2;1939169][I]Off topic.[/I]Yeah, but nowdays they can get whatever crap. “NEC’s” are not what they once were. :smiley:

Still have my favorite drive ND-3500 up and running in our home network server.[/QUOTE]I haven’t bought one since my 3500. It’s put up now cause i have no room for it in either pc or external enclosure. It’s my oldest drive since i sold my 2510.

Sweet, can’t wait to see them. Still got the 3500 and 7170, had a 4550, but returned it.

KTL why did you return your 4550?

I didn’t find the 4550 offering better burns than the 3500 actually. It wasn’t as “exciting” compared to when the 3500 came out. :smiley: I also had a 2500, but sold it.

Did a search and came up with some specifications for:
7201A/S
7200S
7203S

Thanks KTL! I just wanted you to know on the prevous post re:WD drive. You were right I was wrong. I posted correct info before allen erased post.

No worries man, we’re all passionate CD freaks. :iagree: I’ve been wrong many times before, but we’ve all learned from the past. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=rolling56;1939158]Everyone knows Monkey Island gets all the good drives first :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
This is actually new to me :eek:
Usually I’m one of the last to get a new drive. :o

Just had a quick check on the new 7200A drive. Not a NEC product for shure. Weird noises while drive is being accessed, flimsy tray. Another Lite-On product? Casing is different as well compared to the old nec-made drives. Bezel is the only recognisable feature :wink:

Thanks for the update [B]Siggie[/B]
We’re still holding some hope that the 7203 will be a true NEC/Optiarc product.

[QUOTE=Dee-27;1943237]Thanks for the update [B]Siggie[/B]
We’re still holding some hope that the 7203 will be a true NEC/Optiarc product.[/QUOTE]

I want to continue to use nec optiarc, I get just as good a burns as i do with my DVR-112d as I do with my AD-7170A, but I am kind of mad that they are using other manufacturer’s parts. It’s almost like when they switched to optiarc their main priority was money rather that quality, & you know it was easier to buy a mass quantity of lite-on parts and build them then create their own product, but if they don’t stop then I will just completely convert to pioneer.:a

[QUOTE=Dee-27;1943237]Thanks for the update [B]Siggie[/B]
We’re still holding some hope that the 7203 will be a true NEC/Optiarc product.[/QUOTE]

ordered today, i will update when installed :cool:

[QUOTE=foxkilla;1946719]ordered today, i will update when installed :cool:[/QUOTE]

Will you please show me the link of the store you bought your 7203?

[QUOTE=foxkilla;1946719]ordered today, i will update when installed :cool:[/QUOTE]

I am in the US & it looks like I will have to order from the UK. As soon as we find out if this is true nec then please send me link where you bought this drive.

Thanks in advance
                                                         Joe

Just got this 7200A to play with, at the moment no time for any tests,
also binflash 1.42 didn’t work with this drive, i ad the txt file from binflash.

Here is a ss from nero info tool, only 974kb for buffer:confused:.

Don’t worry about the buffer size, the drive is too new to have support from CD-DVD Speed, since it’s probably a new Flash chip that isn’t recognized completely yet.

TY +R 16x @ 20x
Looks nice for a first burn.