Neverwinter nights cd3 big problems!

Hi

I have big problems with burning cd3 of neverwinter nights. My burner is a MSI CD-RW MS-8348 and my cd-player a TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1712. I can’t get a good 1:1 copy from this cd and he is not ever readable! I use the latest CloneCD and with the Securom-profile here on the forum. With a normal copy is the cd not readable too! :confused:
I can get a working 1:1 copy from Warcraft III so what’s the problem. With Nero i can’t get a readable cd too! (sorry for bad english)

ltrzzz
lowlife

Which device did you use when reading the game? Try reading the game with your Toshiba and then burn it with your MSI. When playing the back-up from your MSI have you enabled the ‘Hide CDR Media’ option in the CloneCD tray? Please provide us with some more information like possible error messages and such.

I think that Neverwinter nights has a new Securom New v4. But I am not sure. Try tu use Alcohol 120% to backup your cd. Use Securom New v4 profile:p

Neverwinter Nights uses SecuRom v4.76.00.0051 (when you have not installed any updates), which is perfectly doable with CloneCD. Lite-On (and Lite-On based) writers have some problems reading the protection though so that’s why I suggested he try reading with the Toshiba.

I always read him with my toshiba en burn him with the MSI. With the option “Hide cdr-media” the cd isn’t working too. I get no error in clonecd and have tried various cd-r’s. I’m gonna try now alcohol 120%. The trial is good?

greetz
lowlife

When I click in Alcohol 120% “Securom NEW v4.0” you can only read the cd when alcohol is active. I don’t want that. Can i disable this option?

If using alcohol to copy the play disc of NWN, you should use securom new not securom 4.x settings.

Originally posted by philamber
If using alcohol to copy the play disc of NWN, you should use securom new not securom 4.x settings.
Yep. RMPS and DPM functions are not need for Neverwinter Nights unless you have updated it to version 1.21 whereby you will need a backup which includes RMPS and DPM.

The protection check is disabled in NWN patch 1.27
Just update it !!!

Originally posted by OlivierFromFran
The protection check is disabled in NWN patch 1.27
Just update it !!!

That way would be easier. eh? :slight_smile: