Neverwinter Nights -- 4 coasters so far!

vbimport

Greetings all, the title explains my problem.

I'm currently running XP with a Lite-On LTR-40125S.

I tried CloneCD 4.0.0.1 and the 4.0.1.8 that Ollie (I'm very impressed with your dedication to your customers!) posted recently, with various logical settings and am both not getting a proper looking .CCD file for a secuROM protected disc, nor, obviously, having any luck getting the game to run. It quits after the NWN logo with no other anomalies.

I also tried "Fantom CD," which seemed to have gotten warm reports of working with Lite-On drives where CCD doesn't. This program, if you're not familar, has some stock settings to backup run-of-the-mill protections (SD, SD2, SD2.51, Securom, Securom NEW). Attempts with THESE discs crash after a few seconds of trying to load after the NWN logo. However, the .CCD seems to report the subcode being read properly... I thought that it could be accomplished with reading/burning at a very slow speed (2X, 4X), but this didn't work.

Here are my questions and concerns:

What is the NWN Play Disc protected with? When I googled for some information, I heard of SD, SD2, and Securom. What is it? I can't seem to figure it out for myself because all I've really used is ClonyXXL, which does not report any copy protection on the NWN play disc. I realize that this is false reporting, and could be from some weird ASPI thing with XP.

Next, has anyone with some brains taken a look at this disc? This is the only one that's given me this much trouble. If so, how about someone with my drive? I've heard of some problems with securom and lite-on and clonecd, but can't seem to get any final answers from anyone I care to listen to.

Any effort anybody can give me to help is much appreciated. Thanks!

To clarify, I did mean .CCD when I was using Fantom CD. It’s supposed to support CCD images… and I figured when I got a good image I’d use CCD to test it for further enlightenment.

i heard securom new. probably read it on the forum. the search button is F*ING AMAZING sometimes. :smiley:

NWN is protected with securom new (disk 3 only the play disk) well a version of it anways ClonnyXL will not detect it at the moment but you can bet your bottom dollor the next one will wink. In order to make a good backup I suggest you grab the latest version of CCD, download the profiles kindly put together by the staff here at CD freaks, use the protect CD profile to read, and the securom profile to write, The other thing to check is ensure that you Hide ATIP or CD media, if you have forgotten the final step, ensure that you check with your “coasters” to ensure that they actually dont work :). You may not be able to access hide CDR media/AWS if you live in certain regions, however if you check some of the posts located in this forum, you will prolly find a way to get a visa for your computer :slight_smile:

Hope this helps.

For the Fantom CD images, putting it into an old drive (ridding myself of ATIP) worked. I’m sorry for busting a nut over this without trying that first. I fortunately didn’t burn any more copies.

…hmm… now, for busting that AWS/hide media lock… :slight_smile:

Thanks for the support, I appreciate it!

LOL dont worry about it M8 I am happy to help, I only brought it up because I did exactly the same thing myself once, after I had made 3 good copies but had forgotten to hide CDR media/ATIP bonk self

clony detects securom new for me. i duno about this version of it, but it detects it in general :smiley:

I have the latest version and it didnt detect it, they have just changed the name of a few files therefore Clonny misses it, I am pretty sure the newest incarnation of cloony will include these renamed files. and WULLA it will all be good again Hopefully :slight_smile:

did you check the install directory? securom new isnt detected on the cd :wink:

I have the latest version and it didnt detect it, they have just changed the name of a few files therefore Clonny misses it, I am pretty sure the newest incarnation of cloony will include these renamed files.

Clony can’t detect it all the time because they are compressed in an executable to be unpacked. Unless he figures out how to hex-examine and dynamically unpack every executable that will contain Securom, it’s probably not going to happen.

http://www.clony.tk/

@ckin2001

did you check the install directory? securom new isnt detected on the cd

If you check out the above site it describes how Clony can check for securom new on the CD and/or the HDD. @SirDavidGuy I am not exactly sure what method they use to scan for the files on the CD but they are allready doing something you would have to talk to the author as to the specifics but I am sure he uses something a little more efficient then

Unless he figures out how to hex-examine and dynamically unpack every executable that will contain Securom, it’s probably not going to happen.

LOL

I am not exactly sure what method they use to scan for the files on the CD but they are allready doing something you would have to talk to the author as to the specifics

Last time I checked (Circa 2.0.0.5), it was a simple file search.

I will never ask either Crazyfacka or bxxxxj, since I bitterly despise what they do to those who make Clony better. They delayed a full english version of Clony for quite a while.

so nobody found the way to burn the cd correctly?
it’s securom new for sure, i didnt manage to burn correctly the cd too, same problem, game stops after the nwn logo.
help me!!!
:wink:

hi I copied this program no problem only yesterday!
I have a liteon 24103s firmware xbo4 I have windows me
I used clone 4.0.1.6 using standard securom profile to read and write at 8x. hide cdrw media enabled .
game runs no problem . only quirk was disc 3 (playcd) was not recognised until shut down and restarted pc. otherwise found a easy game to copy!!! any help for you out there???

In Australia NWN is not protected…
Cheers

Hi
I live on the Gold Coast And I have not been able to copy NWN. I would love to know what program you used and its settings.

Cool hear from you
soon

Cloneroom;)

I tried yet again to back up NWN using the method you posted however I did creat a lovely wind chime. Need I say more.

I obviously was unable to do one thing (Please don’t laogh) How do you “ensure that you Hide ATIP or CD media” in clone cd ?

I would love to hear back from you Thanks alot for all your help.

Cloneroom

Originally posted by KitnaIsntHappy
In Australia NWN is not protected…
Cheers

Errrr…I have to disagree (my original from Electronic Boutique Woden in Canberra). If you uncheck data subs on a Toshi or Liteon DVD you don’t get a RAW image. The 24102B can’t even read it because it creates too many sub channel errors, confirmed by Sheepfriend/Sve (elby Test Horse)
Last week I ordered NWN and WC3 from amazon.uk. I found nothing exiting on WC3, I made a copy with the ToshCombo and thought our sample has no protection, just a keycode. Now I read / write WC3 with LTR-24102B and nothing works. This LiteOn [24102B]sucks!

We have two 24102B drives at ELBY, the SONY CD-RW CRX175A1 FW: 5YS1 and Traxdata CDRW 241040 plus FW: 5SG3. I got a little tool from Lite-ON to change the Label of any Lite-On based drive, the Traxdata is now a: LITE-ON LTR-24102B, but I had no chance to change the firmware from Traxdata 5SG3 to Lite-On 5S5A. When I made my “LiteON-HideCD-R- SecuROM- Bug” test i used all Lite-On drives we have and found no probs with SecuROM.

Olli is just examing NWN and he found a SecuROM and I make him just some 24102 B copies. We find out that these LiteOn’s can’t read correct, so we working on that protection and there will be a CloneCD update.