Netflix would delay new releases

I just posted the article Netflix would delay new releases.

Netflix has no qualms holding back new DVD releases for 30 days, and is in fact negotiating deals with Hollywood studios to do so.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/netflix-would-delay-new-releases-22108/](http://www.myce.com/news/netflix-would-delay-new-releases-22108/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Those idiots, they need to understand the concept of ‘Short Wait’. Short to me means a week maybe two. They also need to start cleaning/replacing dirty/damaged discs.

I had to stop using the Blockbuster online service because they hacked it up and made it horrible… now they are going to mess with my Netflix? bastardos

a delay on new-releases at Netflix would suck, but I don’t think it would affect their subscriber base and it could allow them to save a ton of money. As the author mentioned, if that money is put back into offering more/better instant streaming options, then I might be happy with the tradeoff.

[QUOTE=Blu-rayFreak;2463544]a delay on new-releases at Netflix would suck, but I don’t think it would affect their subscriber base and it could allow them to save a ton of money. As the author mentioned, if that money is put back into offering more/better instant streaming options, then I might be happy with the tradeoff.[/QUOTE]

Never streaming will never be better then the physical dvd media to watch the movie and replay when I feel I want to. Streaming is only good but your only allowed so many hours then that’s it. My vote is for the dvd medium in hand. Then I can watch when I want and return when I want that what the subscription should be based on cause they charge us automatically. DVD medium vs. Streaming there is no comparisons streaming will never beat a physical dvd medium to watch and play. Plus streaming can be lost or dropped by your ISP but for dvd you have it to play on multiple standalone or pc to watch the movie. So I would be for use that money to replace or purchase dvd that they keep putting on save list but never seen to get.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2463567]Streaming is only good but your only allowed so many hours then that’s it. [/QUOTE]

All Netflix plans $8.99 and up include unlimited instant streaming, so I’m not sure what you’re talking about.