Netflix users threaten subscription cancelations following site overhaul

vbimport

Netflix users threaten subscription cancelations following site overhaul.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2011/06/iYPh4B.jpg[/newsimage]Last week Michael Spiegelman, Director of Product Management at Netflix, unveiled on the company's official blog that change was coming to how subscribers browsed for movies. The new layout, Spiegelman promised, would "make it easier for [viewers] to find something to watch instantly." Thousands of Netflix users disagreed, and promptly flooded the announcement's comment section with complaints, critiques and threats to cancel their subscriptions.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/netflix-users-threaten-subscription-cancelations-following-site-overhaul-46630/](http://www.myce.com/news/netflix-users-threaten-subscription-cancelations-following-site-overhaul-46630/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

“So, what will it take for Netflix to listen? Though one critic quipped that the company is “waiting on 10,000 negative comments” until it changes it back, for now the company is sticking to its guns even as numerous complainants threaten to pull their subscriptions.”

Ok, how about 10,000 former subscribers voicing their opinion to the tune of
$1,080,000 lost revenue per year.

[QUOTE=olddancer;2592250]“So, what will it take for Netflix to listen? Though one critic quipped that the company is “waiting on 10,000 negative comments” until it changes it back, for now the company is sticking to its guns even as numerous complainants threaten to pull their subscriptions.”

Ok, how about 10,000 former subscribers voicing their opinion to the tune of
$1,080,000 lost revenue per year.[/QUOTE]

I posted my comment on their page :iagree: the count is getting there :bigsmile:

Regardless of the company, if there is plans to create a new user interface or website, there should be a “classic” option such that anyone who doesn’t like the new interface can switch back and continue using the service or website as if nothing happened. Reminds me of Coca Cola and its “New coke”.

Another very good example for those who’ve been members or regular visitors here, especially since 2006, is the major website overhaul here, followed by another overhaul with the change from CDFreaks to MyCE in 2008.

[QUOTE=Seán;2592252]Regardless of the company, if there is plans to create a new user interface or website, there should be a “classic” option such that anyone who doesn’t like the new interface can switch back and continue using the service or website as if nothing happened. Reminds me of Coca Cola and its “New coke”.

Another very good example for those who’ve been members or regular visitors here, especially since 2006, is the major website overhaul here, followed by another overhaul with the change from CDFreaks to MyCE in 2008.[/QUOTE]

Yes just like we have it here we have the option on what interface we like to use :iagree:

IMO, the browsing options at Netflix have been FUBAR for a long time, and I never use it for that reason. This latest change is just more of the same.

EXCEPT, they have a cap of 5,000 replies on the Netflix site, so they’ll never get to 10,000 . . . . The best way I’ve found to complain is to call Michael Spiegelman or Swasey at Netflix at 408-540-3700. Hit 0 for the operator. She will put you through. I got voicemail and left him my opinion. Let them know we are not happy!

I like it. Nothing an on-line company does will please everyone, and 10,000 is a pretty insignificant percentage (less than 1/10th of 1 percent) of the total Netflix customers (over 10,000,000).

“There should be a “classic” option” Great idea Sean!!! Some folks have a hard time adjusting to new stuff…Give them the option of both, How hard can that be.

Maybe Dish can their act together quickly and start their Blockbuster version of Netflix and give users a choice. Opportunity is wide open and its happening now, timing is everything.