Netflix now also blocks IPV6 tunnels in its battle against geoblock circumvention

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Netflix now also blocks IPV6 tunnels in its battle against geoblock circumvention[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/06/Netflix_Logo-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Netflix has made another move in an attempt to block VPN users. Since a while not only VPN services are blocked but also custom IPV6 tunnels. This makes it even harder to watch Netflix content from another country.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/netflix-now-also-blocks-ipv6-tunnels-battle-geoblock-circumvention-79645/](http://www.myce.com/news/netflix-now-also-blocks-ipv6-tunnels-battle-geoblock-circumvention-79645/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Would someone please enlighten me?

The NetFlix geoblocking cirkus does not add up. I’m not too up to date, but I thought I read that they were going to offer everything to everyone? Did I dream that up :confused:

I’m about ready to cancel my Netflix account.  I’m getting real tired  of this “whack a mole” game by them.  Glad that Amazon hasn’t gone down the same route …

They seem  so keen to kill off business and lose money from people outside the US…

I getting so tired of this circus as well. Â I some close to canceling my Netflix account. Â Glad Amazon hasn’t gone down this route. Â Netflix seems so keen to kill off business and money from customers outside the US…

Strange. The first post never showed up so i did another one then they both showed up

[QUOTE=Xercus;2775887]Would someone please enlighten me?

… I read that they were going to offer everything to everyone? Did I dream that up :confused:[/QUOTE]

This apparently was a Netflix daydream!

I’ve cancelled 'em last year coz their contents is 90% not fitting what I would watch.

I’ve cancelled 'em last year coz their contents is 90% not fitting what I would watch.
Hi Millennium12

and where are you streaming? don’t tell you went to Hola, it is also blocking VPN.Â

I started to use OpenVPN from seed4.me, and do not have problems with Netflix anymore.Â

Netflix now also blocks IPV6 tunnels
i dnk for sure, I think they will give up on this soon, when see the loose of clients 😃

Why these shows can’t just be made available to everyone, I don’t know. Netflix has claimed on multiple occasions that whenever the release a show or movie, the number of people downloading that show or movie over BitTorrent drops significantly. So, by making it harder to watch shows and movies legally, Netflix is effectively encouraging copyright infringement.

Personally, I think that’s just what the entertainment industry wants: to have more victims to sue. Why else would uploading a $20 movie result in a multi-million dollar lawsuit?

[QUOTE=firedupPanda;2775940]Hi Millennium12,

and where are you streaming? don’t tell you went to Hola, it is also blocking VPN.

[/QUOTE]

I am watching (local) STAN for now - good enough for me