Netflix and Samsung Partner to Instantly Stream Movies on Next Generation Blu-ray Disc Players

vbimport

LOS GATOS, Calif. and RIDGEFIELD PARK, N.J., Oct. 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ – Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX), the world’s largest online movie rental service, and Samsung Electronics America, a market leader and award-winning innovator in consumer electronics, today announced a broad partnership to offer consumers the ability to instantly stream movies and TV episodes from the Netflix Web site directly to their living rooms via Samsung’s BD-P2500 and BD-P2550 Blu-ray disc players. The companies also said they are collaborating to enable Samsung to integrate instant streaming from Netflix into a range of home entertainment products.

Link: http://netflix.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=287

:cool::cool:

This is SUCH a bad match for BD players. Video quality is crap and audio is worse.

[QUOTE=CDan;2145714]This is SUCH a bad match for BD players. Video quality is crap and audio is worse.[/QUOTE]

Maybe true but I dont have samsung so I can’t comment much on the players. But I will comment on the fact that if the major ISP and local ISP throttles their broadband internet bandwidth this feature will be worthless…