Nerovision Express DVD burning question

I burnt my first DVD using a short video file I captured from TV, when I play back the DVD on my DVD player on the TV, I notice that the colors on some of the scenes sort of flickers a little, I then went back and played the original captured file on my pc and the flickering is not there, it is fine, any ideas why this may be happening or any fixes for future burning?

Some strange stuff is going on here, first of all, Nero does not have a 4x option, all I see are Max, 2x and 1x so I used 2x and still see the flicker BUT only on the TV screen, I don’t see the flicker on my pc screen. Another thing is, the DVD itself appears to have some hiccups when played back on DVD players, sometimes the player will take a very long time to read it, other times it I get other error messages aand sometimes it just doesn’t read it, I tried this with 2 different DVD players on my TV screen but I have absolutely NO problem playing back the DVD in my pc burner.

The message I am getting from this is that the DVD may not be compatible with any other player except for the player it was burnt on? Any ideas anyone?

@ mikehende
This is most likely a result of the media you are using and not Nero or your burner. A good burner will burn bad media poorly. I would recommend that you go to the forum of your burners make and see what others are using for media and what results they are getting. A safe choice is Verbatim 16X +R media. Also read the FAQs for your chosen forum as there is a wealth of info there concerning the ins and outs of DVD burning. Also on your next post, add your system specs.

I had done a lot of research on which is the best DVD Blanks and most agree that Taiyo Yuden is among the best so then I bought a 50-pack of it’s “Burn Master” DVD+R. I am going to try another burning software to see if this an issue. System specs:

SONY DWQ-30A 16X DVD+R/-RW BURNER DUAL LAYER BLACK
Nero6 OEM Version
Taiyo Yuden “Burn Master” DVD+R RW Blanks
Dell Dimension 3000
P4 2.5Ghz
512 Ram
200GB HD
XP Home

@ mikehende
As you may know, your Sony is a rebadged LiteOn 1635.
Are you using +RW disc or +R discs? If you are using the +RW disks, then the slower burn speeds are because +RW disks burn that slow. The exact speed offered will be dependant upon your burners firmware. Upgrading your firmware may help, check the LiteOn FAQs. If you are using the 8x+R disks with the MID of YUDEN000T02, then there is something funny going on as those disks are the best you can get IMHO.

You can check your burn results with Kprobe 2.5.1 BLER scans(scanned at 4x scan speed the forum standard for comparison). You can read Interpreting PI/PO error scans to find out what these graphs mean. PI/PO is now referred to as PI/PIF. Roughly, PImax<280; PIFmax<4. Attaching disc quality scans to your post of the offending discs will help us help you. You can also use Nero CD-DVDSpeed(start>all programs>nero>toolkit>cddvdspeed) disc quality scans at 8X scan speed.

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you, wanted to do some more research before replying. Yes, those are the Discs I have purchased and mine are also RW, please see link for an exact description

http://cgi.ebay.com/50-GENUINE-Taiyo-Yuden-8X-DVD-R-Silver-Top-Blank-Media_W0QQitemZ8755731496QQcategoryZ80135QQcmdZViewItem

A friend of mine sent me this message this morning

“There are several different types of physical formats for DVD disks. Unfortunately, not all DVD players recognize all the different types. Most newer DVD players recoginze the major formats but not all. My guess is your PC recognizes the formats but your DVD player does not. My DVD player downstairs does not play video on one format but you can hear the audio. I hear it but get a black screen. The formats are centered around + and -. You can buy DVD(RW) - or DVD(RW) + or DVD(RW) +/- You will see what I mean if you look at some DVD blanks for burning. That is the most likely cause of the issues. Try a different format.”

So I am going to try Maxell DVD-R, not the + types or RW types and take it from there, will get back to you here but will appreciate any responses meanwhile.

p.s The ad from the Ebay link above does not mention that they are RW discs and that they are the “BurnMaster” series.