Nerovision Express 3 - NOT WORKING!?!? :(

I am using the image recorder so it just transcodes the files into an image for later burning, i have burned 1 dvd succesfully, but now it ALWAYS quits during transcoding, like the video preview just stays at on frame… i left it over night once and checked it later the next day and it had elapsed time @ 11 hours… even tho it only takes like ~3 (when it works)… HMM? and it’s not the same spot, sometimes at the beginning, once in the middle, and twice now at the end…

Here’s what i have done:

• Test system stability, prime95/superpi 32m/memtest86, all pass without errors or warnings.
  • Tried increasing vdimm from 2.6 to 2.7
  • Set page file to disabled, reboot, make new page file @ twice the size of my ram (2gb)

I’m going to try uninstalling nero, delete it’s folders, and use regcleaner to remove all ahead entries, then re-install and try again. I’m stumped here, i have never had problems before, the only thing that has changed since “before” is my video card and a fresh install of XP Home SP1 (had SP2 before).

I really don’t want to have to format again… i have formatted like 3 times this month, why? trying to find my system instability, turns out it was my old video card… which is dead, blast! my poor 6800NU :(, reduced to a backup 5700LE.

Full Specs:
Athlon 64 3500+ (2.2ghz)
Asus A8V Mobo w/Via K8T800Pro Chipset
Realtek AC’97 Audio
1GB (2x512) OCZ Dual Channel DDR400
Seagate 160gb 7200rpm Barracuda (SATA)
Leadtek 5700LE 256mb (AGP, highly overclocked :slight_smile: )
NEC 16X DVD+/-RW DL Burner
Windows XP SP1 (damn near fresh install)

Dunno what more to say, have searched forum for nerovision and nothing i found matches my problem, and i will clarify that nerovision DOESN’T crash, i can click abort and exit, the transcoding process… just… STOPS. :frowning:

Well after uninstalling, cleaning the registry, and re-installing, it has succesfully transcoded and burned, will have to try for a 2nd success tonight.

Trial 2, FAIL… dammit!!! WHY!? :frowning:

Nero is sooo pissing me off, :(, im going to try an older version, i had like 6.6.0.3 before i updated to this new 6.6.1.4… maybe that’s it =/

well thanks for the plethera of helpful replies…

what i did was reformat… sigh, found that there was an updated SATA driver for me, used that along with the newest soundcard drivers, so far 3 succesful burns in a row.