NeroVision Express 3 Burn Error

vbimport

Hi,

I’ve found this website through Google, and since it appears everyone around here is pretty experienced, I wonder if you could help me on this issue.

Using NeroVision Express 3, I created a compilation of movies and TV shows to burn on a DVD-R DL disc. Since I have the correct burner and discs, I thought it would work. Turns out Nero, which came with my Sony DRU-700A burner, will change all the menus, but will return a “Burn Error” when it gets to a particular show that I’ve taped. Interestingly, this show is the only thing it refuses to encode onto the DVD blank.

Eliminating every single other problem (XP pro patches, updated the burner’s firmware to 08, update Nero to the most recent version) have not resulted in a successful burn. Luckily, I haven’t made coasters out of my Dual-Layer discs, but I would like to know how to remedy the situation.

Here’s a paste of the log file that it gave to me (I assume this is where you all can look for errors, and many other people include it) This appears to be where the error is; if it isn’t, it would be appreciated if you could tell me where it would be in the log.
[06:35:27] MMTools adding cached d:\Sim City 3000 Cities\7th Heaven Marathon Firsts.mpg video/0
[06:35:28] DVDEngine ********END: _VOBS - Process VOB
[06:35:28] DVDEngine ******END: VTSTT_VOBS#4 - Process Create
[06:35:28] DVDEngine ****END: Create - VTSTT_VOBS#4
[06:35:28] DVDEngine **END: _DVDVideo - Create
[06:35:28] DVDEngine ########################################################################################
[06:35:28] DVDEngine ERROR
[06:35:28] DVDEngine cause: 128 (nmc_processing_exception)
[06:35:28] DVDEngine source: CNeroMpegVideoStream::PrepareNextSegment
[06:35:28] DVDEngine description: no more segments left
[06:35:28] DVDEngine ########################################################################################
[06:35:28] DVDEngine END: IDVDVideoSessionImpl - CreateVOBs
[06:35:28] DVDEngine BEGIN: IDVDSessionBaseImpl - RegisterCallback
[06:35:28] DVDEngine …Session callback unregistered…
[06:35:28] DVDEngine END: IDVDSessionBaseImpl - RegisterCallback
[06:35:28] DVDEngine BEGIN: IDVDVideoSessionImpl - ~IDVDVideoSessionImpl
[06:35:28] DVDEngine END: IDVDVideoSessionImpl - ~IDVDVideoSessionImpl
[06:35:28] NeroVision Process information:

Hopefully, the error can be found in here. (I was afraid to paste the whole thing, so if anyone needs any other sectors, contact me ASAP. And the version numer of Nero right now is 6.6.0.13 and VisionEpxress is 3.1.0.7.

Thanks!

Alright, I’ve remedied that problem, but now a new one popped up. It said that the disc content could not be read/readied. Here’s the error message I received:

[15:48:08] DVDEngine ERROR
[15:48:08] DVDEngine cause: 3 (invalid_parameter)
[15:48:08] DVDEngine source: _get_PGC_PB_TM
[15:48:08] DVDEngine description: ICellRef refers a cell (VOB_IDN=1, C_IDN=5) which does not exist in
[15:48:08] DVDEngine VTSTT_VOBS#4.

Same computer as last time; it gave me a different error.

Please help if possible! Thanks.

Correction - here’s the exact error message: “Unable to prepare data for recording - Failed to get disc content”. Maybe that would be a bettr description.

M2nFarisFan,

Hello - Are you still getting the message :

“unable to prepare data for recording: unable to get disc content”

I ask, as this is what I am getting. Its very odd. I have done a couple of video captures this week (Grand prix races to be exact from tv), and they have worked fine, on my DVD+R DL.

Then I tried to do it again, with another tv program I had, and had the same problem you did.

Only thing I could think of was that it was slightly larger (2 hours 45 minutes, as opposed to the 2 hour 15 minutes of the grand prix ) Shouldnt make a diffence though.

cheers,
Richard

Hey,

Unfortunately, I had to take it out of the presentation - but I’ve had trouble with it accepting those large files still. The only remedy I’ve found is to chop them up (which becomes a pain after a while, because it gets tedious). If I took hour-long chunks of video, like you said, it works fine. I don’t really think it’s the disc itself at fault (since I tried to burn this video on a single layer DVD+R, with the same error) but rather Nero getting confused by it. Hopefully, they’ll remedy the situation.

Thanks,
Steve

I’m getting the “No More Segments left” problem…you say you solved it…but how?

Rdcii

I’d recommend updating to the latest version or installing the NVE Patch, you could get
this patch on Nero’s website, maybe it solves the problem!

Thanks for the response, but I already updated to the latest version. In fact, I used the “clean” utilities, then installed the latest versions. Did not fix the problem. I think maybe it’s because I have too many small movie files, or somesuch…so I was hoping that M2nFarisFan had a procedural (rather than an update) solution…like only use max 50 files, eliminate files that are larger than x or smaller than y, etc.
I also cannot boot if I have InCD installed, using any version I’ve tried since a long-ago OEM version. But I’d rather have a solution for the "No more segments left problem.

What for movie files you’ve, maybe mpg? If so do you’ve tried the NVE Patch from Nero’s
website like i said before?

This might have something to do with FAT32 partitions. Did you have the data on a FAT32 formatted partition?

I had this same problem in NeroVision Express 3 (NVE) with the error message:
Unable to prepare data for recording: Failed to get disc content

I got the error several minutes after starting to burn a DVD movie that was based on three AVI files that I had captured from my DV camcorder. After much investigation I determined that the problem was that one of the AVI files was corrupted about halfway through. Apparently NVE3 choked on file (when it got to the corrupted part) and then NVE provided the aforementioned (unhelpful) error message. I suppose that NVE might give this same error message when it encounters any kind of corrupted audio or video file, like MPG, AVI, WMV, MP3, etc.

You can solve the problem by either recapturing the video file (hopefully uncorrupted), or by running a video repair tool on the video file. There are several video fix tools available for free, such as DivFix. There are several such tools listed on the videohelp website.

Good luck!