NeroVision 2 assistance?

vbimport

Good Morning,

I have been searching for days now, on some assistance with my Nero Burning. I have imported some video from my Camera and have made some edits and added mp3 to the footage. I converted all the footage to avi files and now would like to output all of this to a dvd. The first problem i came across, was that when adding all 12 tracks to the DVD and burning it, the DVD did not play through smoothly. At the end of a track, it would pause before playing to the next one. This is rough when the MP3 track is spread across the two scenes… its not like watching a regular DVD where it plays smoothly through to the next track. I found a way to get around this, which i didnt really want to do… but when i combined all the avi tracks into one track, and then used the chapter editor to set the chapters it played through with no pauses after the burning was finished. It played perfectly… except… now after the 6th chapter my audio is missing. When i preview the file on the computer proir to burning everything is in place and it appears to be flawless. However I made several coasters. When i burn the 12 tracks, it takes about 6 hours to burn, but when i do the one file it burns for about an hour then says its finished. Does anybody have any ideas on what the problem on either if my issues could be? If I could just fix one of the two problems so i could at least burn one good DVD i would be happy. Even if another program could be recomended I would accept that as well.

I am using a Dell insperon 8100 laptop with an internal 8X DVD Burner. I am currently running Windows XP Pro, with all current updates. I do not have any other applications running at the time of burning. I am using NeroVision2 it is the software that came with the DVD burner when i purchased it. I used Studio Suite to create my video files and standard mp3 files converted from my personal cd collection.

Thank you for your time, and assistance.
Newbee
Nicole

What brand of media are you using. Using Nero CDSPEED, you should be able to tell what the manufactured id is of that media. Cheap media is the major cause of problems with playback.

i guess i dont know what media I am using or where to start to find out. I will have to do some looking around and get back to you on that! Thank You!!!

Nicole

Hey nicole… Get thiswww.dvdinfopro.com for free. This will tell you what your media is.

thank you! as soon as i get home, i will run it and get back to you guys!!! You all rock!

Thank You
nicole

ok, i downloaded the DVD Info Pro, and now im not sure where to find the info that i should post? Any help?

Thank You,
Nicole

I think this is what you meant?

Media Information                            

Disc Regions are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Media code/Manufacturer ID RITEKG05
Format Type UDF 1.02
Volume Name ISLAND
Application id
Implementation id AHEAD Nero
Recording Date/Time (mm/dd/yyyy) 6/18/2005 8:58:02
Format Capacity 2.37GB(2.55GB)
Book Type DVD-R
Media Type DVD-R
Manufacturer Rated Speed 8.0x 11080KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 8.0x 11080KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 2.0x 2770KBps
Write Strategy Speed 4.0x 5540KBps
2x Speed OPC beta 08
2x Speed OPC power 12
2x Write Strategy field 1 11 98 9A 80
2x Write Strategy field 2 88 80 00 00 00 00
4x Speed OPC beta 03
4x Speed OPC power 17
4x Write Strategy field 1 0A 0B 09 02
4x Write Strategy field 2 96 05 0C 0B
4x Write Strategy field 3 00 00 00 00
4x Speed OPC beta multi-pulse 04
4x Speed OPC power multi-pulse 1D

Please let me know if this is right?

Hey Nic… This is what we were looking for (Media code/Manufacturer ID RITEKG05)

Doesn’t sound like a disc problem to me, it’s definately in authoring.

Are you sure it actually takes 6 hours to burn? Or is it 5 hours 50 minutes to process, 10 minutes to burn? In any case, I’d probably switch over to Nero’s virtual drive and let it write everything to a .nrg file first, then use Nero’s Burn Image option to write that to DVD. Then you can get a finalized version that you can mount with a program like Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools, and make sure that everything is alright. You can also then burn that image as many times as you want, never needing to do all the processing again.

Well… it takes about 6 hours to burn when it burs the 12 tracks seperate, and when i do that, i still have all my audio, however i get the spaces between tracks. When i burn the single track, i get the loss of audio after the 6th chapter.

so I am going to try writing to this virtual drive you speak of and do it this way and see if i have any luck after that!!! I will let you all know how it turns out!

Thank you,
Nicole

yeah sorry guys, no luck… im lost… how do i do the burn to computer? I did it… and then when i went to find it… i could not find a thing??

Ney Nikki. Try using DVDShrink, then DVDCrypter, and see if you get the same results.

Haha, wow… Gets one program wrong, and completely misses that this is an authoring problem, not a ripping a DVD problem. Jeez…

Anyways, sometimes problems like these can turn out to be just a tiny little quirk… I’d probably make sure Nero isn’t choking on one of your mp3 files and try converting all to wav’s, and then seeing if it can author everything alright.

Apparently you don’t know that she can create the files with nero, then shrink and burn them with the software I recommended, since your ideas aren’t working.

Hey tehGrue… Your sarcasm doesn’t solve any problems for Nicole. Just gives a few of us the idea that your kind of a PUTTS!!! If you have some positive ideas to help her out then let them rip. But the sarcastic crap can stay in N.Y. (IMO)! Harley has it right on the button with his last statement. Find out what can be done with Nero before you go and start dogging another member thats trying to help. I like this site because it has a ton of friendly folks willing to help others. If you want some haha’s check out BigMike7 and myself and we’ll gladly give you some.
PEACE
Mark