Nero's mixed mode messing up

vbimport

hello,

i have had a problem with making a mixed mode cd containing a combination of mp3 and audio with nero.

anyway, after burning the disc. i get the 1st track being silence which is the data. track 2 starts fine, but when it gets to track 3 there is a second of static then the track starts.

however, if i try to skip to track 3, the track doesn’t start. on track 5 (if it even starts the track), it starts in about 1:30 into the track.

i don’t know what could be up with nero or my cd burner. i tried this once before about a year ago on my old burner and it did the same thing. instead of wasting discs, i didn’t try again. but it’d be a great idea to make mixed data discs. i’d like to figure out what is wrong.

bruno

burner: liteon 48X
nero: 5.5.9.2
system: win98

Do you really want Mixed-CD?
Don’t you prefer the audio session first, and then the data session?

This is called CD-Extra or Enhanced CD, and I think that Nero has a layout for this kind of discs. This way the data track is never played in a audio reader (these players only read the 1st session).

If it doesn’t work or Nero doesn’t allow DAO mode, you can try to make an audio disc in DAO mode and “Don’t finalize disc” in Nero or “Leave CD open” in Feurio.
Then add the data session (in mode 2) with the “No multisession” option in ISO disc layout. I don’t know why, but if I try “Continue a multisession disc” it doesn’t work.

i’d love to make an enchanced cd or a cd-extra, but from what i can see, that isn’t an option on nero. i would love to be able “embed” the data on the disc which can be read by a computer but that it would start on track 1 on the stereo.

the first burn in nero and second burn in feurio could be an option; however, i’ve tried having two cd burning programs on my comp before, and it caused one problem after the other – comp freezing, cds unreadable, etc.

even if there isn’t an enhanced cd option on nero, the mixed mode disc option on nero should work. the disc i burnt can start, but you 90% of the time can’t skip to other tracks. if a track does start, it starts in the middle of the track. is there some configuration for nero that allows mixed mode discs? they really should put an option on the prog if there are so many bugs with it and it takes so much time for tinkering with configurations for it to work.

bruno

In my Nero there’s a CD-Extra layout between the Mixed Mode CD and the “CD Copy”.

the first burn in nero and second burn in feurio could be an option; however, i’ve tried having two cd burning programs on my comp before, and it caused one problem after the other – comp freezing, cds unreadable, etc.

well, it would be a 1st audio session (DAO without finalizing, SAO?) with Nero or Feurio (I say Feurio because I know it works) and a 2nd data session with Nero (mode 2).
This is if you don’t find the CD-Extra layout or it doesn’t work as you want.
(Feurio doesn’t install shit, so I don’t know how it could harm the system, but it seems that seniormemberlol had problems in the Audio forum)

hello again,

i’ve found the “cd extra” option. i usually use the wizard thing, but the “cd extra” isn’t an option in the wizard helper. if you close the wizard, then i can find the cd extra option. strange that the wizard mode doesn’t show this option.

however, with the cd extra, what files can be added? from what i can see, there’s 2 folders “cdplus” and “pictures”. can mp3s or videos be put in these folders? does it matter which folder they are in? is it necessary to have folders? (sorry for all these questions)

bruno

the problem i had with 2 burning software progs on my computer is that it lead to a conflict between the progs. my comp didn’t know which prog should access the disc, which caused the comp to freeze or led to cds not being recognized by my comp.

bruno

Originally posted by spreadthelove
however, with the cd extra, what files can be added? from what i can see, there’s 2 folders “cdplus” and “pictures”. can mp3s or videos be put in these folders? does it matter which folder they are in? is it necessary to have folders? (sorry for all these questions)

I don’t know. I do it manually and don’t use those folders.
Maybe the correct way is putting the MP3 files outside of those folders (in the root directory), because those folders have their own purpose.

Nero’s help explains that those folders are needed to create a compliant CD-Extra:
[i]"11. Once you have selected your settings, click the New button on the right. You will now see the corresponding compilation window for CD. The lower audio section is empty and in the upper data area you can see two folders – ‘CDPLUS’ and ‘PICTURES’. These folders and the files in them are needed to create a CD EXTRA and cannot be changed. "

“4. The Pictures button opens a dialog box where you can select two pictures to be saved on the front and back of the CD. You can also specify the color format for the encoding resolution for all of the pictures that will be written to the CD.”[/i]

I have lots of programs in my computer, and don’t have any problem. Packet writing programs are the most dangerous (I don’t use them).