NeroLinux for 64-bit PC

Hi all,
I’m new to this forum…
new to Linux and I have recently installed Ubuntu 6.10 - 64 bit platform.
I know Nero from Windows XP and I was very happy with the packet writing (InCD feature).
I want to know if the NeroLinux is working on a 64 - bit platform?
Where can I get it?
How much would I have to pay for?
Any comment, reply, answer is highly appreciated!
Karibu

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Reading in nero website I see that there is no 64-bit version. Try to write to technical staff at nero to see if they are planning to develop a 64-bit version of the software :slight_smile:

NeroLinux isn’t a full-featured media suite and doesn’t include InCD, like the Windows version. It’s just a basic burning application, not even sure if it works on x64.

Welcome to CDF, Karibu :slight_smile:

Thank you both, geno888 and Cressida, for the quick response…what a pity… :sad:

Yes NeroLinux will work on your Ubuntu 6.10 - 64 bit platform. Normal 32 bit programs will also run on a 64 bit platform just not as fast. On your Ubuntu you can try using APT-GET to install NeroLinux or If you brought Nero for XP you can down load NeroLinux for free from the Nero Web site. But I wouldn’t wast my time because [B] K3b [/B] which is already included with Ubuntu if far better then NeroLinux. :slight_smile:

Yes coathi is right about the use of NeroLinux - if you own the windoezw version of Nero you are entitled to use the Linux version.
And don’t blame yourself you you have to give up InCD or any other similar packet writing stuff - at the end it is most probable that it will save you a lot of trouble.
UDF is a nice promise but there are compatibility problems in the way.
Myself, I use Nero in Win but not under Linux - I doubt it will do better than K3b.