NeroLinux 4.0 DVD ISO problem

vbimport

I have found a problem with NeroLinux 4.0.:sad:

It is not possible to burn a VideoDVD iso.

The Normal “Burn Dialog” screen is shown, However none of the normal options are shown, just a grey screen and a BURN button.

When the Burn button is clicked a message that the selected ISO is a CD image and can not be burned to a DL DVD.

This has been tested on 4 different PC’s with 5 different Linux Installs and all have the same problem

EeePC 1000 - i686 (Mandriva 2010 / Ubuntu 9.10)
AMD Phenom 9950 -x86_64 (openSUSE 11.2 and 11.1)
AMD Athlon 64 - x86_64 (openSUSE 11.1)
AMD Semparon - i686 (openSUSE 10.3)

Anyone else have this problem, or, better yet a solution.

I have currently re-downgraded to 3.5 which works perfectly with these ISO files.

Thanks

Craig

Are you sure this is a DVD ISO? If this file is a CD ISO file it can only be burned to a CD.

Although CD and DVD ISOs are sharing the same file extension they are restricted to be burned to the media they are intended for.

So, what happens if you try to burn the file to a CD?

Got a mail back from Nero Tech support today. They can replicate this bug and expect a fix in the first update to Nero 4.0.

At least I know I am not going mad :wink:

Just a short question… Is it a DVD5 or a DVD9 ISO image? I mean can it fit on a single layer DVD, or do you need a double layer DVD to burn it ?

[QUOTE=mathf;2467107]Just a short question… Is it a DVD5 or a DVD9 ISO image? I mean can it fit on a single layer DVD, or do you need a double layer DVD to burn it ?[/QUOTE]

6.7gig so very much DL I’m afraid. Still let’s hope that the fixed version comes along soon.

Craig