NeroExpress 6 - Multiple burners

Hey all. I’m a n00b when it comes to hardware/software (hence the posting in the Newbie forums :).

I have NeroExpress 6.6.0.14. There’s a problem that I have in that I can’t figure where to make the software burn using the three DVD burners I have installed. I can happily burn with one, but when I have 60+ DVD’s to burn, it can become tedious doing them one by one.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks
*g

First, the burner have to be recognized by Nero.
Second, you need enough bandwith to save time.
Third, mostly the burners need to be equal…

In the burn window, click on “enable multiple burners”.

Thanks for the quick reply, chef.
All three burners are recognised by Nero.
I’m assuming by bandwidth you mean processing power and RAM?
The three burners are the exact same.

Even though the three discs are in the drives, I still have the option to only burn to one drive. There is no option to ‘enable multiple burners’. This is so frustrating! :slight_smile:

Ah, i mean in Nero Burning ROM.

And maybe you could update to 6.6.1.4 too.

The latest Nero 6 version is 6.6.1.15(a). :slight_smile:

And welcome to the forum, garbetjie! :slight_smile:

Hi,

Harddisk throughput. You need fast harddisks connected to a fast controller.

Even though the three discs are in the drives, I still have the option to only burn to one drive. There is no option to ‘enable multiple burners’. This is so frustrating! :slight_smile:
Nero Express does not support multiple drives. You need the full featured retail version.

Michael

Lame! That sucks. Thanks for the help though. I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

I use Nero 6 (full Nero Burning ROM) and one machine will burn to multiple drives, using an NEC 3500 and a Lite-On 1693. The other machine simply will NOT burn to a 3500 and a 3540 successfully. Even tried using a seperate Promise ATA/133 card to keep both drives as masters on independant channels. The hard disk is plenty fast as is the machine. I suspect that those two drives just don’t like one another or something. I’ve searached and searched here before trying to find answeres, but never found anything that really helped.

Maybe I should just start a thread on it and see what people say. The searches I’ve done seem to turn up as much misinformation as anything else. (Or perhaps the info is accurate, but doesn’t apply to me.) One thing is, it’s said that you have to have the exact same drives running the exact same firmware. Not true. My 3500 and 1693 burn both CD and DVD at the same time without a hitch. :confused:

JD