NeroCOM 6.0.0.15 + cdinfo

vbimport

the problem with drive.CDinfo methode has not been fixed in new nero release. :frowning:

VB6 still keeps 90%+ CPU usage after calling cdinfo methode and ON_DONE_CDINFO event doesn’t fire.

ciao,
mike

The fixed version of NeroCOM (1.1.0.1) is not part of Nero 6.0.0.15. Only up from Nero 6.0.0.16 it is included. Sorry.

I cant seem to get the cdinfo method to work either, with .net 2003 on XP.
I have updated nero to version 6.0.0.19, i have also disembled the interop as suggested elsewhere on the forums but there was nothing to change as all the sinkerhelpers were already public.

any ideas?

Regards
Andy
ps.
If the worse comes to the worse I’ll have to use nerocmd and capture the screen output from the cdinfo command and then parse it myself.

Originally posted by andygif
[B]I cant seem to get the cdinfo method to work either, with .net 2003 on XP.
I have updated nero to version 6.0.0.19, i have also disembled the interop as suggested elsewhere on the forums but there was nothing to change as all the sinkerhelpers were already public.

any ideas?[/B]

I couldn’t reproduce the problem on Windows XP Professional and Visual Studio .NET.

Do you have a problem with cd info related event only or is it that you cannot receive any event?

Is there a disc in the drive when you ask for cd info?

Hi,
yes there is disk in the drive, when i invoke the method.
Ive tried querying, Commercial CDs, CDR’s & CDRW’s all with the same negative result.
The CD burner is on a USB cable will that have a bearing on the fact the method wont fire?
We are using nerocom as part of archiving system on an embeded data logger and hence the use of the USB CD burner.

It seems the cdinfo event dosent fire, all the other events in the sample code fire.

Regards
AndyG

Just reinstated a simulated burn to disk after the cdinfo call, looks like not only is the cdinfo method not working its causing the program to terminate without carrying out the simulated burn.
Checked the program exit code and that indicates the program has terminated mormally without error??!!

ok, finally got the cdinfo method to fire!
To make it work i had to remove the call from the burning subroutine and give its own seperate routine, problem seems to be that this method call does not do a wait, it continues to process the other calls. You then end up with asynch problems were the object is being accessed by 2 calls at the same time.

Now that you mention burning in this context I realized what might be your problem. Generally you cannot call CDInfo and immediately after that BurnISOAudioCD (or any other of the burning methods). You should call CDInfo and handle OnDoneCDInfo event. In the event handler you should start your burning or whatever else you want to do. If you try to start two operations successively, you will receive “An asynchronous operation is in progress! You can’t have two operations at the same time.” error. There can be only one operation at a time.