Nerocmd & .nri files.. why not?

I apologize if I’m going over old ground here, but I’ve been hunting around old threads for some time now trying to piece together what I need to get some automated backups happening using nerocmd.

I’m using a datatronics minicubis (http://www.datatronics.com.tw/duplicators/pcconnect/minicubis.htm) which natively talks to nero to burn up to 25 copies of a compilation. I mainly use it to archive old projects from our server to 3 identical DVD copies (which are then stored in different locations).

By default, the process is to use the nero interface to build a compilation, tell it to burn 3 copies and then repeat the process once the copies are complete. What would save me a lot of hassle was if I was to be able to build a list of compilations and use nerocmd to queue them - I could effectively use this to archive roughly 36Gb of data overnight.

The problem I’m running into is that I don’t want to have to build iso’s or nrg files, as that will require me to copy all the data from the server to the local machine (which the burner attaches to) which is time/storage consuming in itself. If I could simply build a list of compilations and use nerocmd to kick them off while I’m away, nero could cache locally per compilation and burn away as usual unsupervised.

Is there something obvious I’m missing here that would allow this process to occur? So far with all my searching, I’m just hitting dead-ends.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Damian