Nerocmd => multisession => overwrite files

vbimport

Hi,
I want to burn a multisession-cd with nerocmd. If files (or directories) already exist on the CD, i want to overwrite them. But nero doesn’t do that. Instead of overwriting those files/directories it creates new filenames. If the original filename is “name.txt”, the new one is “name2.txt”.

How can i set nerocmd to overwrite those files?
I use the following parameters:
nerocmd --write --real --drivename E --tao --recursive --speed_in_kbps 3312 --iso backup --iso-mode2 --close_session --detect_non_empty_cdrw --underrun_prot --import_iso_only --import --dvd --media_type media+dvd+m+rw --no_user_interaction C:\Documents

Who can help?

Dries

Originally posted by Drieske1982
If files (or directories) already exist on the CD, i want to overwrite them. But nero doesn’t do that. Instead of overwriting those files/directories it creates new filenames. If the original filename is “name.txt”, the new one is “name2.txt”.

I have exactly the same problem with my application.

I have imported the existing session using NeroImportDataTrack. After that I have added all the files at the end of the NERO_ISO_ITEM and burned it on the CD. If files exists before the new ones are renamed as mentioned above.

Why? Any ideas?

Your help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

NeroCMD had some bugs regarding multisession. These should be fixed in the version you can find in the latest NeroSDK package.

I have imported the existing session using NeroImportDataTrack. After that I have added all the files at the end of the NERO_ISO_ITEM and burned it on the CD. If files exists before the new ones are renamed as mentioned above.

Why? Any ideas?

The reason for this behaviour is, that you reference two files with the same name in your iso item tree and NeroAPI will rename one of them so it can burn the data anyway. To replace a file with new content you have to remove the imported iso item from the tree and add a new one, which references a file on the harddisc.

Thx Matze!

I’ll try and we will see… :wink:

Hi,
I use “mkisofs 1.15a12 (i586-pc-cygwin)” and “Cdrecord-ProDVD-Clone 2.01a11 (i586-pc-cygwin) Copyright © 1995-2003 Jörg Schilling”.
It does the job perfect! If you want, i’ll send you the necessary files…

Thx, but I need this information to develop an application myself. So your stuff will not help me.

But thx anyway.