NeroCheck stops install of 7

I have download Version 7; Nero-7.10.1.0_eng_update_wch.exe

When I tried to install I was told I had to uninstall my vesrion 6. I let the updater do this then rebooted.

Now the updater fails at:-

Could not open key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\Application\NeroCheck.
Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

I am using Win XP with administrator rights. The updater includes my version 7 key

Can anyone please advise?

Found this:-

"1) Open the registry editor by selecting “Run” from the start menu and then typing in “regedit”.

1. Browse through the registry and select the entry mentioned in the error message.

2. Choose “Permissions…” from either the edit menu or by right-clicking on the registry key’s parent directory.

3. Click the “Advanced” button to add a new user.

4. Type in “Everyone” as the new user and click OK (it may not be necessary to give everyone full control but this is what I did and it worked).

5. Configure the permissions for user “Everyone” to “Full Control”"

However

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\Application\NeroCheck is empty. I guess that is because when I check the OK box for the error message in the Nero installer that the rollback empties the registery key!!!

Any advice please

NB Both Kerspasky and Spyware Doctor turned off whilst trying this install.