NeroCdSpeed test results

vbimport

Not sure if this is the right thread to post in here, but i guess well see.
Anyhow, i just did a quality check with the most updated version of nero cd speed. I tested two ripped disks: (results posted below) -R disc, and a +R disc (both are 8x discs). I also used DvD Decryp and shrink in my process. The quality is not bad but im sure it could be better, and thats where my issue at hand stands. Im not too familiar with how to correctly test the discs so if there is a tutorial i would love a response for that. My big question here is that after reviewing these results is there something im doing wrong or can i do something to improve my results?

Test results:

Backed up copy of SCL Punk:

General Information
Drive: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S
Firmware: BS0S
Disc: DVD+R (RICOHJPN R02)
Selected speed: Maximum
PI errors
Maximum: 120
Average: 25.35
Total: 353425
PI failures
Maximum: 30
Average: 3.43
Total: 81308
PO failures: n/a
Jitter: n/a
Scanning statistics
Number of samples: 119966
Average scanning interval: 1.14 ECC
Glitches removed: 3

Backed up copy of Garden State:

General Information
Drive: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S
Firmware: BS0S
Disc: DVD+R (CMC MAG E01)
Selected speed: Maximum
PI errors
Maximum: 25
Average: 4.66
Total: 50528
PI failures
Maximum: 15
Average: 1.21
Total: 16645
PO failures: n/a
Jitter: n/a
Scanning statistics
Number of samples: 125059
Average scanning interval: 1.14 ECC
Glitches removed: 3

CPU and info:
200 gig seagate
200 gig seagate
(both ata100)
Pentium 3 1GHz
512 ram
liton-1633s with most recent version of firmware.

First, you should scan at 4x. Second, a picture is worth a thousand words. :wink: See “Attaching Scans” in my sig…

Okay i retested the disks at 4x and they are still the same disks as listed below. Both are +R discs (earlier i may have stated that one was +r and one was -r). Anyhow here are the results as posted below. Hopefully this will give you a better idea of how my results are turning out. Thanks!

PIFs seem a wee bit high. But I’d say that both are fine burns.

Thanks for the feedback. im just wondering what i can do to make better burns. If you have any tips please let me know. Thanks again.

I recommend Verbatim DVD+R discs (ID MCC002).

Here is a scan after a 8X burn with my LiteOn LDW-401S@811S (My second burn after the Crossflash :slight_smile: )

Great i think i will pick some up today. Here i have posted another test result. THis time i burned at 4x and it came out a little bit better. What key little things should i be watching for in my results? I assume the Pi Pif of course but more in how they spike or the avg, total, max i guess? Thaks again!

When you scan with LiteOn drives the PIFmax should be =< 4 which is true for your last scan (have you burned at 8X?). I would recommend that you use KProbe for scanning as this prog is made for LiteOns. Anyway a quality score >90 in Nero CD/DVD speed is very good. The PIs should be < ~300. This value tend to increase as the DVD gets older, but most DVD players will have no problem reading a disk if PIs stay below 400-500. Happy burning :cool:

To learn what these graphs mean, you can read Interpreting PI/PO error scans. The two PIF blocks might be caused by buffer underuns, scratches or dirt.

Is this ok? This is a DVD+R disc burnt at 8x on the 1633S while simultaneously burning another 8x DVD+R disc on an 811S. Nero was flaking out during the process (cache jumping around) but this result doesn’t seem so bad right?

Let me know what you think…

Yours spiked pretty early but doesnt seem bad at all. In my last post you can see that my errors were around 2385 or something and your or at like 600 so i think you got better results than i did, but again im still new at this and i am just now learning how to burn better discs. Do a couple more and then get an average, i found that the more i toyed with stuff the better my results were getting. New firmware hepled mine too.

If you want to do simultaneous burns it’s probably best to stick to 4x unless you have like some SATA 10K RPM hard drives in a striping array or something.

Yeah…this is my first time really getting into burning…I just noticed we used the same media! :iagree:

That makes sense…you think it’s because my HD couldn’t keep up that the simultaneous burns didn’t go as fast or smoothly? Makes sense…each DVD+R was burning at 11MB/s so that’s 22MB/s throughput…my average on my single IDE harddrive is like 50mb/s…

Doesn’t make sense…I’ll try 4x next time. Either way…as you can see from the test above…the burn wasn’t too bad. 14 mins for 2 full DVDs is nice…