NeroBurn() does not return

vbimport

#1

I have a problem.

In my video-DVD burning application I use the Nero API. The problem is that after burning a DVD there is a delay of about 7 minutes before NeroBurn returns.

The last things that happen before the delay are:

A callback to npProgressCallback reporting 99%
A callback to npSubTaskProgressCallback
A call back to minor phase with text “Writing Lead-out”
A callback to npProgressCallback reporting 100%
A callback to npSubTaskProgressCallback
A callback to npProgressCallback reporting 100%
A callback tonpSubTaskProgressCallback
A callback to npProgressCallback reporting 100%
A callback to npSetMajorPhaseCallback reporting phase -1
A callback to npAddLogLineCallback with "Writing short lead-out

then nothing happens for about seven minutes. Idle is called regularly so the application can react on mouse clicks etc.

Then finally:
A callback to npSubTaskProgressCallback
A callback to npProgressCallback reporting 100%
A callback to npSetMajorPhaseCallback reporting phase 37
A callback to npAddLogLineCallback with: Burn process completed successfully at 2x (2_770 KB/s)

And NeroBurn() returns.

This delay is hardly acceptable for the users. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Regards, Petter


#2

I don’t know if it is useful information, but already when calling NeroInit() I get a number these messages from VC++.

First-chance exception in maiden5.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception.

Then I get another one when I call NeroGetAvailableDrivesEx()

Then a new burst when NeroBurn() is called.

BR Petter


#3

How much data do you write and on which media? Depending from the exact media type, writing the lead out might take a long time. Especially, if NeroAPI writes a high compatibility border to the disc, which means that at least 1 GB is written.

Does the same thing happen if you burn the data with Nero Burning ROM?


#4

Originally posted by petter
I don’t know if it is useful information, but already when calling NeroInit() I get a number these messages from VC++.
First-chance exception in maiden5.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception.
Then I get another one when I call NeroGetAvailableDrivesEx()
Then a new burst when NeroBurn() is called.

I also receive these exceptions (see respective thread). There are four (or five) of these, when NeoInit is called, another one when calling NeroGetAvailableDrivesEx and as in your case lots when calling NeroBurn.

These occur, whether or not the burn process works fine or returns with an error.

Regards,
Thorsten


#5

Originally posted by matze
[B]How much data do you write and on which media? Depending from the exact media type, writing the lead out might take a long time. Especially, if NeroAPI writes a high compatibility border to the disc, which means that at least 1 GB is written.

Does the same thing happen if you burn the data with Nero Burning ROM? [/B]

You are right. The same thing happens using the Nero application. 30 sec of writing data an 7 minutes writing a “lead-out”. Of course it can be quite hard for a DVD-player finding 15M of video on a 4.5 GB DVD otherwise.

Thank you for your advice

Petter


#6

Originally posted by matze
[B]How much data do you write and on which media? Depending from the exact media type, writing the lead out might take a long time. Especially, if NeroAPI writes a high compatibility border to the disc, which means that at least 1 GB is written.

Does the same thing happen if you burn the data with Nero Burning ROM? [/B]

You are right. The same thing happens using the Nero application. 30 sec of writing data an 7 minutes writing a “lead-out”. Of course it can be quite hard for a DVD-player finding 15M of video on a 4.5 GB DVD otherwise.

Thank you for your advice

Petter