Nero8 Won't Allow TV Card Mode(s)

I have a Hauppauge Model PVR-150 (internal pci)to watch & capture TV & video pgm’s.
Nero “see’s” my video card but only via it’s “tuner”. I need it to allow me to setup my PVR-150 to Svideo and/or Composit modes. I have tried setting up the pvr150 as having cable or antenna but it , Nero , still will not give me a way to setup to Svideo or Composit signals. I have tried setting up via Nero’s “Nero Vision” [capture video] screen & clicking on “video device properties” but the only option that allows is “general”. Ie setup the Brightness,Contrast,HUE, ect. It will not show any other way to change the way Nero see’s my TV tuner card other than “tuner” mode.

I have also tried setting up via the “Nero Home” screen “settings” but that also only allows for tuner/channel setup & not to setup for Svideo/Composit modes.

How can I get Nero to “see” my PVR-150 TV card in Svideo/Composit modes?

Thank’s for reading.

In WinTV 2000 you can create a ‘channel’ (my Hauppauge PVR USB2 uses 200) that is the video input. If you are using MCE I don’t know.

Skip Nero, its crap.

You must use BDA drivers with 3rd party softwares.

[QUOTE=RadioRed;1926634]I have a Hauppauge Model PVR-150 (internal pci)to watch & capture TV & video pgm’s.
Nero “see’s” my video card but only via it’s “tuner”. I need it to allow me to setup my PVR-150 to Svideo and/or Composit modes.

Snipped for brevity

How can I get Nero to “see” my PVR-150 TV card in Svideo/Composit modes?

Thank’s for reading.[/QUOTE]

How odd…I get two replys. The first talks about a program that has nothing to do with my question & the 2nd a tired old your softare is “crap”.

But thanks anyway kids. I guess.

[quote=RadioRed;1927547]How odd…I get two replys. [I][B][U]The first talks about a program that has nothing to do with my question[/U][/B][/I] & the 2nd a tired old your softare is “crap”.

But thanks anyway [B][I][U]kids[/U][/I][/B]. I guess.[/quote]
Are you really that dumb? Win TV 2000 is the program that Hauppauge supplies with their product. It has the options to set up channel plans for the PVR series of cards. Why gee, as[I] I said before [/I]it will allow you to assign a channel number to the video input. It is also the most problem free way to record from a Hauppauge card, you stupid ‘old fart’. I guess…

PS If Nero can’t do it, perhaps you should try a different piece of software.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;1928812]Are you really that dumb? Win TV 2000 is the program that Hauppauge supplies with their product. It has the options to set up channel plans for the PVR series of cards. Why gee, as[I] I said before [/I]it will allow you to assign a channel number to the video input. It is also the most problem free way to record from a Hauppauge card, you stupid ‘old fart’. I guess…

PS If Nero can’t do it, perhaps you should try a different piece of software.[/QUOTE]

No…but you must be “dumb” as you should try reading the op.

I know all about the WinTV software. But that’s not what I asked about is it??

But , for all of you who need a refresh of the op , I’m trying to get Nero (ver 8) to see my PVR150 via Svideo/Composite modes.

If someone has info re the subject please post. If not then PLEASE do not post.

[QUOTE=RadioRed;1929932]No…but you must be “dumb” as you should try reading the op.

I know all about the WinTV software. But that’s not what I asked about is it??

But , for all of you who need a refresh of the op , I’m trying to get Nero (ver 8) to see my PVR150 via Svideo/Composite modes.

If someone has info re the subject please post. If not then PLEASE do not post.[/QUOTE]

Have you read the forum rules? You really should calm down…

[QUOTE=chef;1930067]Have you read the forum rules? You really should calm down…[/QUOTE]

That make’s four out’a four replys that have nothing to do with the op.

Have YOU read the “rules” ??

Page 26 of the Nero Home Manual (http://www.nero.com/enu/support-nero8-helpfiles.html)

If it doesn’t support it, you need to configure it via the Hauppage configuration system.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;1930539]Page 26 of the Nero Home Manual (http://www.nero.com/enu/support-nero8-helpfiles.html)

If it doesn’t support it, you need to configure it via the Hauppage configuration system.[/QUOTE]

From looking @ your link it look’s as though Nero8 does not support the pvr150. It does support the 250/350/500 & USB versions. Does not make alot of sense as the 150 , from what Hauppage say’s , is their best selling version.

I am able to use the pvr150 in every other pgm I 've tried…PowerProducer,MovieFactory & many other freeware pgm’s in the Svideo/Composite modes. It just threw me why Nero8 would not co-operate in anything but “tuner” mode. I figured if Nero8 saw the 150 then I would be able to manipulate receive modes. Obviously not.

The really crazy part is that the pvr150 & Nero7 work’s fine together.

Anyway…

Hey, i have a Lexmark WiFi printer which has no linux drivers. Doesn’t make sense as well. :slight_smile:

I am able to use the pvr150 in every other pgm I 've tried…PowerProducer,MovieFactory & many other freeware pgm’s in the Svideo/Composite modes. It just threw me why Nero8 would not co-operate in anything but “tuner” mode. I figured if Nero8 saw the 150 then I would be able to manipulate receive modes. Obviously not.

Why not email Nero that you’re furious with anger that the Hauppauge 150isn’t supported anymore. Ask them why.

The really crazy part is that the pvr150 & Nero7 work’s fine together. Anyway…
So i guess it’s back to Nero 7 then.

Oh I emailed Nero before posting here. Other than the standard computer reply “we have received your post…” nothing heard.

Actually it’s back to Nero zero. :slight_smile: