Nero7 for win98--No In CD?

vbimport

I just installed Nero 7 for Win 98, but there was no option I could find in the custom install for In CD. Doesn’t In CD 5 come with Nero 7?

Hi and Welcome!

Normally, there should be an option to install InCD. Maybe it helps to run Nero Product Setup from the start menu.

Michael

I have Nero7, but on XP and it has InCD. I know it was on 98, but that time I had Nero6.
Only one thing happen after update, my discs written with Nero6 were not recognized by InDC in Nero7. I had to use IsoBuster to get data.
Now I do not use InCD any more.

[quote=mciahel;2045016]Hi and Welcome!

Normally, there should be an option to install InCD. Maybe it helps to run Nero Product Setup from the start menu.

Michael[/quote]

Thanks. I tried that. No joy.

[quote=CDuncle;2045021]I have Nero7, but on XP and it has InCD. I know it was on 98, but that time I had Nero6.
Only one thing happen after update, my discs written with Nero6 were not recognized by InDC in Nero7. I had to use IsoBuster to get data.
Now I do not use InCD any more.[/quote]

What do you use? Roxio DLA?
Phil

[quote=philmarcus;2045034]Thanks. I tried that. No joy.[/quote]Do you have broadband internet? Then get latest Nero 7 for Win98/ME (7.2.7.0) from Nero.com and try that. You can install on top of your existing version.

I do not use packet writing software of any kind. If I need I burn multi session disc.
It is not as efficient, but at today’s prices for CD it is OK for me.
I still use NERO for other things. Used to have Roxio, but dropped it because too many problems with conflicting drivers.

I see thread by [B][I]mciahel[/I][/B] to advice you to go to higher update.
On that note, be careful. If it works the same as on XP, than Nero would not update over existing one until version 7.5 an up. To do proper update you have to use their Tools to delete old version, even registry entries and load new one clean. Tools are on their web site.

Thanks. But I just downloaded from nero.com a couple days ago.

[quote=CDuncle;2045148]I do not use packet writing software of any kind. If I need I burn multi session disc.
It is not as efficient, but at today’s prices for CD it is OK for me.
I still use NERO for other things. Used to have Roxio, but dropped it because too many problems with conflicting drivers.

I see thread by [B][I]mciahel[/I][/B] to advice you to go to higher update.
On that note, be careful. If it works the same as on XP, than Nero would not update over existing one until version 7.5 an up. To do proper update you have to use their Tools to delete old version, even registry entries and load new one clean. Tools are on their web site.[/quote]

Thank you. I have seen many comments to avoid packet writing. Still, I used Roxio for years but with an older drive, and it will not talk with my new drive. I did not use it to use fewer CDs but b/c it seemed to write much faster, and the interface was much easier.