Nero

vbimport

When I used Shrink DVD to rip a recording to my hard drive it said that it has been saved in c:\dvd video recorder. iso but when it clicked on it - it said "this is not a valid image file for Nero although it prompted me to download nero

Try ImgBurn. In my opinion a better overall burning program than Nero.
Also, ImgBurn is free to use. www.imgburn.com

See if ImgBurn complains about the image file. If so, then you may have had problems in the creation of the file. Is this a newer movie? DVDShrink still works as a decryption program for most movies, but many have advanced protection it cannot handle. As a general rule, DVDShrink simply won’t open those. It might help to know the name of the movie.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2544688]Try ImgBurn. In my opinion a better overall burning program than Nero.
Also, ImgBurn is free to use. www.imgburn.com

See if ImgBurn complains about the image file. If so, then you may have had problems in the creation of the file. Is this a newer movie? DVDShrink still works as a decryption program for most movies, but many have advanced protection it cannot handle. As a general rule, DVDShrink simply won’t open those. It might help to know the name of the movie.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I may try Imgburn. No, this is not a newer movie. I recorded it from TV

You’ve got me confused now. Lets see if I can figure out your progression here.

You’ve recorded something from tv. Did you do this on a stand alone recorder or did you capture straight to the hard drive of the computer?

DVDShrink only works with complete dvd-video structure, so however you captured it, the only way that Shrink can open it is if it is dvd-video.
Did you use DVDShrink to compress the video? Or did you use it simply to make an ISO file without compression?